Kayak roll call

Fredrick

Fredrick

So if you fish off a kayak post a pic of your kayak here and any rigging you want to boost about . Just bought my new yak last week its a Atak 140 great boat so far I have only had her out once but got chills from the possibilities I have fishing from this yak .

Attachments

• Atak.jpg
    Atak.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Atak 140.jpg
    Atak 140.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes, such as up to 70 stripers per May outing on the tidal Delaware on the right days.

That's a neat looking boat Fredrick. Looks like fun and an effective and stealthy fishing set-up.

Dave_W wrote:
Looks like fun and an effective and stealthy fishing set-up.

Yeah, the grouchy wading anglers won't even know you're bothering them! Hehe.

mine on a float with beeber II.

Attachments

• DSCF9059 (1024x768) (400x300).jpg
    DSCF9059 (1024x768) (400x300).jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 5
Swattie87 wrote:
Dave_W wrote:
Looks like fun and an effective and stealthy fishing set-up.

Yeah, the grouchy wading anglers won't even know you're bothering them! Hehe.

Yeah I'll glide right in and fish the same hole they are fishing and glide right on out before they even notice :p

Anyone have experience with the vibe sea ghost 130 or the feel free lure 13.5 or 11.5?

I'm actually thinking about getting a kayak for the Susky that doesn't cost a ton... any suggestions?

What's your range?
IMO the vibe sea ghost is the most bang for the buck

Nice. Thanks Sal. Yeah... I'd like to stay under a grand. Is it possible to stand up in one of those if need be? I've also heard good things about the Native Slayer, but it's pricey. Hopefully I can find something used. Thanks man!

Yes you can stand in those

sandfly wrote:
mine on a float with beeber II.

So what kind of setup you got there sandfly

NuCanoe frontier (I'm a dealer) with a elec motor (8 lb thrust) home made stand up bar (for now) can carry up to 4 fly rods. (panfish, bass, and musky) motor has controls under seat and steering with poly rope. (ran circles around beeber) got a old Johnson 2 hp outboard I am getting ready for the fall. nice thing is when alone I run upriver under power then float back to van. anchor rope is on a line spool with knob to wind up loose line. going to go with a retractable clothes line modified

My new toy. I love it. Stand up and cast and the price was right. Still saving for a nucanoe but this thing does the job well. Sorry I can't get the picture to post. It's an ascend fs128t

raftman wrote:
I'm actually thinking about getting a kayak for the Susky that doesn't cost a ton... any suggestions?

Basspro's house brand of Kayaks is called Ascend and the FS12 model would be hard to beat for the $500 they cost. I bought an FS12 the first year they came out about 6 years ago and have also loved it, but they are so much nicer now. If I had to offer one suggestion it would be to make sure that you buy a sit on top for sure.

Nevermore. Lol. Vwlandon beat me to it, but he's right. You won't find a better yak for fishing for the money.

Looks like a nice kayak I wonder why its priced the way it is .

http://bustedwallet.com/ascend-fs12t-sit-on-top-angler-kayak/

Looks like a solid kayak. Thanks for the suggestions. My only concern is the weight and my ability to get it on my roof rack.

I made one of these it's working good so far
http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=31224

Frederick,

The guy in the review is wearing jeans and flip flops! Can't trust him. Lol

Back