Kayak roll call

krayfish2 wrote:
Frederick,

The guy in the review is wearing jeans and flip flops! Can't trust him. Lol

I'm going to make an exception for this because I already made this loader and its been good to me so far and it was cheap and easy to make . You can buy these types of loaders from Cabelas and Malone if you are still having trust issues Andy :p

That's genius Frederick!

sandfly wrote:
NuCanoe frontier (I'm a dealer) with a elec motor (8 lb thrust) home made stand up bar (for now) can carry up to 4 fly rods. (panfish, bass, and musky) motor has controls under seat and steering with poly rope. (ran circles around beeber) got a old Johnson 2 hp outboard I am getting ready for the fall. nice thing is when alone I run upriver under power then float back to van. anchor rope is on a line spool with knob to wind up loose line. going to go with a retractable clothes line modified

Sounds like you have that thing all decked out sandy fly :pint:

Here's mine. Old Town Pack/35lbs. I've been wanting to get a kayak for years but I can't see selling this and spending more for a kayak. Took this picture a few years ago when i was thinking about selling it.

Bad things: Handles terribly and is very uncomfortable. Lowered the seat about about 2 inches or I could add unstable. I rarely fish out of it.

Good things: You can carry everything you want and load it without breaking a sweat. Offered a few wet waders some cold beverages in the middle of the susky some years ago. (those guys are crazy)

I tend to use it as a way to get to places I can wade and fish.

Attachments

• canoetop.jpg
    canoetop.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2
finally got the outboard going 2 hp. 1/2 the weight of the battery and elec. 24 lbs. still use rope steering too. won't allow me to post picture and yes its the right size

test http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/sandflyx/DSCF3184%20400x300_zpscyihbvwc.jpg

I bought the Emotion Glide from the Emotion store in Reading several years ago. Not a "fishing" kayak, its a sit in, and it's done everything I need for it to do for me. Don't do moving water much yet, but float the local lakes a lot. Only take one rod, and have a great time! Fits in back of my Yaris hatchback with back seat down and hatch open. I just strap it in and bungee down the hatch and I'm off. Sorry, no pics.

sandfly wrote:
test http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/sandflyx/DSCF3184%20400x300_zpscyihbvwc.jpg

I just bought a trolling motor for mine but I haven't hooked it up yet . I think I have seen people hook up bow mounted trolling motors with Ipliot on those kayaks. Steering your yak with a remote while you fish is a pipe dream of mine. :-D

barrybarry-

One way to increase stability in an open boat like yours would be to increase its footprint and width by adding slightly wider seats and thwarts. You can order thwarts online pretty cheap, and I doubt that the traditional cane seats are too pricey. Increase your width by an inch or so. If you have 29" thwarts now, buy thwarts at 32" and trim them down to 30". You'll be able to play around with it a bit until you get it right. The best part is that if you screw up, you can always revert it to stock like it is now. A lightweight open boat is superior to a kayak IMO.

Thanks Surf Cowboy. I never heard of that before. I'll look into it. It's way more stable now after lowering the seat.

The biggest problem with that canoe is that it's too light. Which is why I like it. There always seems to be a trade-off.

Fredrick, you'll need a big battery (heavy) to run a troller and I pilot. I went with a rope (or cable) steering. with the stand up bar my controls are right on it. rope steering and switches. easy to do. with the gas I can run the shoreline of erie for steelhead, bass and carp now. along with the finger lakes.

sandfly wrote:
Fredrick, you'll need a big battery (heavy) to run a troller and I pilot. I went with a rope (or cable) steering. with the stand up bar my controls are right on it. rope steering and switches. easy to do. with the gas I can run the shoreline of erie for steelhead, bass and carp now. along with the finger lakes.

Mine pretty light I bought the torqeedo . You can get lithium batteries now for trolling motors but they aren't cheap .

If anyone is having problems lifting there yak on there roof I found this you cant beat the price on this

http://www.yakangler.com/forum/21-look-what-i-did/24006-harbor-freight-kayak-trailer?limitstart=0&start=50

http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-capacity-40-in-x-49-in-utility-trailer-62646.html

not sure if it still is law, in Pa only 3' beyond rear of trailer or vehicle may hang out. I am going to get this trailer and setup for 2 yaks with a storage box. have to extend the tongue longer on them though.

Back