JK Fisher 9' 4/5 GT40 Series in need of repair. FREE to good home...

R

RLeep2

I have a 2 piece J. Kennedy Fisher 9' GT40 for a 4/5 that has splintering (no actual breaks) in the lower portion of the tip section. I'm sure it is fixable by the right rod repair/rod building guy with some savvy along these lines. It can be yours free, shipped in a well-padded classic cardboard mailing tube.

You pay shipping by a means we can work out.

This is a nice rod, probably originally retailing for between 200-300 bucks when it was new (late 80's I'm guessing). I won it while under the influence of ethanol at the Oil Creek TU banquet and broke it trying to tug a fly out of a tree a couple of years later the only time I ever fished the Little Schuylkill. I took this as an omen and never returned. Shortly thereafter, I also swore off ethanol for good.

But enough about me....

I'm getting to the point in my journey where I don't remember things quite as well as I used to. So, I'm becoming tired of continually "rediscovering" this rod in my basement, getting all excited and then picking it up and remembering the rest of the story. I want shed of it...

If this sounds like a project you might want to take on and reclaim a pretty nice rod, PM me or give a holler here on the open board.
Like I say, its free (plus shipping)

Thanks!!

I am very interested in the rod. Please PM the details and PP info if its still available. Thanks. Jesse

Arrangements have been made to give away this rod to a forum member. It is no longer available.

Tks,

RLP

Hey all and Robert too!

I just wanted to say that Robert is a stand up guy, he sent me the rod before I even paid him for it. Thanks Robert, your MO is in the mail today!

Jesse Shipe
Shamokin, Pa.

Thank You, Jesse!

I'd just note that for the price of the shipping, I can afford to be noble and do my little bit to contribute to a world where trust and "pay it forward" are a little more rather than a little less common. Heck, Senior Management here at the estate spends more than that on hairball remedies for the cats...:)

Enjoy!

Bob

Back