In Memory of Paul_G

Sincerest condolences to all who knew Paul. Seemed like a great guy.

I was looking through old pics on this site and came across this one of Paul. I don't know who took it.

Attachments

• Paul G.jpg
    Paul G.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 6
Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to personally meet Paul. However, I always had a lot of respect for him through his posts and responses here on PAFF. This site obviously meant an awful lot to him. A very heartfelt tribute to your good friend, Maurice. My sincere sympathy to Paul's family and all of his many friends here on the forum.

may he always find fish rising, the sun shining, and the wind at his back. Godspeed Paul.

Sad to hear of Paul's passing. He invited me to his camp when I went to my first jam. It was like we had been friends for years.
John,I believe that picture was taken on Fishing Creek.Paul caught that fish"throwing to the bank". Advice that is spot on. He was a real friend. GG

Very sad news. I never met the man, but he seemed like a real good soul. He will be missed. Prayers out to his family.

My first jam...
"Where is everyone fishing in the morning?"
"Paul's for coffee..."

The ff world lost a good guy!

Maurice hooked me up with Paul G. Only fished with him several times. Last I did he was hammering em on Fishing Creek when the hendricksons were on. Smiling like a kid. A really nice man!

A few photos of Paul back around 2000-2001. Some with his trademark camo shirt/jacket & jaunty trucker's hat! The first photo is Paul & Pad on Clarks Creek circa 2001.

Attachments

• pad-paul1.jpg
    pad-paul1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Clarks_011b.jpg
    Clarks_011b.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Donegal.jpg
    Donegal.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bigspring_001b.jpg
    Bigspring_001b.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Paul1.jpg
    Paul1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
Dear Tim,

Paul always used to dog me for fishing the "slut" hole on Clarks. I'll never forget that!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Sad to read of Paul's passing. I never met Paul, but I'm sure I saw him many times on Clarks Creek. He surely was one of the good guys and will be missed. Condolences to his family and all his good friends on this forum.

The highlight of my first few jamborees - at hemlock acres - was the morning coffee and donuts at Pauls camper.
He was such a friendly guy, who really made me feel welcome there.
I really missed seeing him when we switched to Seven Mountains.
My condolences to his family

Although I had never met him, I could tell from his posts, he was a really good guy. My deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

I met up and fished with Paul a couple of times, he was very kind to me as I was a beginner. I think I still have one of the red ants he gave me. I am sorry to hear he passed. He was a good person.

I personally didn't have the privilege of meeting Paul. I have heard many stories from GG as to the person he was. Sorry for his passing, will pour a sip in memory. #L'Chaim Paul

Forever will I remember the last time Paul and I fished together. We were on Spring Creek when the sulphurs started popping off the water. Paul slowly waded to just below a riffle, and when I looked upstream at him moments later, he was releasing a fish. As an hour or so passed, the hatch really began to peak. A blizzard of flies everywhere, yet I was only catching fish infrequently. But every time I look over at Paul, he was releasing another fish. He was on top of his game (and if you ever had the pleasure of fishing with him, you know exactly what I mean). As the sun started to set, I could see him slowly wading toward the creek bank. A short time later I met him at the car. Shaking my head I said "You really nailed them tonight, didn't you?" He said, in the most humble way, "I caught a few". I'd guess he caught more than twenty, probably more than thirty. So being curious as to why his fly seemed to work better than any of the ten or so patterns I tried, I glanced over at his still rigged rod. And there at the end of his leader was an orange ant pattern. I just shook my head and we both laughed.
Until we meet again, rest in peace, my friend.

peace-tony c.

tocar wrote:
Forever will I remember the last time Paul and I fished together. We were on Spring Creek when the sulphurs started popping off the water. Paul slowly waded to just below a riffle, and when I looked upstream at him moments later, he was releasing a fish. As an hour or so passed, the hatch really began to peak. A blizzard of flies everywhere, yet I was only catching fish infrequently. But every time I look over at Paul, he was releasing another fish. He was on top of his game (and if you ever had the pleasure of fishing with him, you know exactly what I mean). As the sun started to set, I could see him slowly wading toward the creek bank. A short time later I met him at the car. Shaking my head I said "You really nailed them tonight, didn't you?" He said, in the most humble way, "I caught a few". I'd guess he caught more than twenty, probably more than thirty. So being curious as to why his fly seemed to work better than any of the ten or so patterns I tried, I glanced over at his still rigged rod. And there at the end of his leader was an orange ant pattern. I just shook my head and we both laughed.
Until we meet again, rest in peace, my friend.

peace-tony c.

Awesome!

Great story Tony! That sounds just like the Paul I remember.

Funny thing about Paul and that orange ant....

We used to call him the water buffalo because he would wade in at the Allenberry and start casting, I would fish around him for an hour or so and then get bored and move, I gotta cover water. He would have no fish, I return later and see him picking off one after another with that damned ant.

I swear he would cast over the same fish for so long they actually thought there was an ant invasion and couldn't resist eating them.

Same for the Bi-visible at Clarks and the Crowe Beetle everywhere he fished.

Paul never waded fast enough to fall. And that patience paid off quite often.

Back