I'm fishing less because I'm old fat and useless, but perhaps something to think about?

No, there are no Cobra in MD. That word was supposed to be Cobia, just as I said for NJ earlier in the paragraph.😅

There will still be fish, they just will be TROPICAL fish, which are very colorful.

Smells like alarmist BS to me.

"It’s a reality of the age of climate change: Warming waters and warming air temperatures are altering the oceans and rivers and the fish that live in them, and it’s happening more rapidly than ever.
These changing conditions are cited regularly now by marine biologists whenever state governments present new regulations for recreational and commercial fishing."

So the facts on the ground recorded by actual biologists are "alarmist BS?"

Please do expound on your thought processes.

"It’s a reality of the age of climate change: Warming waters and warming air temperatures are altering the oceans and rivers and the fish that live in them, and it’s happening more rapidly than ever.
These changing conditions are cited regularly now by marine biologists whenever state governments present new regulations for recreational and commercial fishing."

So the facts on the ground recorded by actual biologists are "alarmist BS?"

Please do expound on your thought processes.

I was going to reply to this but instead I will just say Happy Holidays Dave Kile!!!

Climate change isn't the biggest problem , it's the endangered species that will affect the future of fishing and that is KIDS . Fewer and fewer kids are fishing and without them, there is no fishing.

Don't nuke it yet, Dave! We all definitely need more anecdotal evidence about climate change from armchair scientist Garys who work in accounting or whatever.

Lord knows we don't get enough of this at holiday family gatherings...

I have caught puppies in recent years as far north as LBI. You just have to fish more 😁
Dear Nymph-wristed,

The Delaware State record is 75 pounds, Maryland's is 70 pounds, and the NJ State record is 55 pounds. Redfish ain't just a Southern Thang, they are the exact same fish as Channel Bass and Red Drum.

Every March they get runs of 40 plus pounders off of Assateague, but some years they don't go any further north.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Thank you for the kind words. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I'm not sure how much longer this thread will last.
Dear Dave,

Since I started this feel free to hit the red button whenever you please. But I personally don't think that anything I've seen in this thread has crossed the line?

It seems just folks talking to me, and all have been decent about it, even the people that approached the line.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Dear Dave,

Since I started this feel free to hit the red button whenever you please. But I personally don't think that anything I've seen in this thread has crossed the line?

It seems just folks talking to me, and all have been decent about it, even the people that approached the line.

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂
Says the guy not having to worry about moderating the site. 😉

Says the guy not having to worry about moderating the site. 😉
Dear Dave,

I volunteered to moderate like 10 years ago and all of you laughed.

Remember that?

Regards,

Tim Murphy 😉

Back