I Hear Banjo's Mini Jam on The Lehigh River June 4th

O I know we can fish it if we want to, thats not a problem.

My thinking, is we do not want to be around 200 other people fishing. If everybody says, nope lets meet there and fish without paying, I am up for it.

Don't think anybody wants to do that as much as you Gfen.

The guys running it won't say anything either. I know this, because we were warned by the state we could not and it was the only way we were allowed permits to hold the event. The other contestants on the other hand might not be as friendly, and most of them won't be LRSA members.

Thats not the point of this thread though, so lets not start throwing it off topic. Lets just figure out where and how we want to do this. Up for any suggestions from the guys around the Lehigh.

Walnutport section is nice to wade.

Move the Lehigh jam to another weekend so I can attend.

Ionly fished the walnutport strech once and it wasn't much fun the water was high lol ..But I hear good things about it. I won't be there saturday anyways . I still plain on doing some fishing Sunday

So, from reports from some people is they think we should move back I hear Banjo's Mini Jam from Next saturday to another day. I want to know from everybody else though. Should we make it the 11th?

Just keep an eye on the rafting release dates before you ink a date. Only fished there once and wasn't overly impressed so I'll be expecting you to show me where I went wrong. 11th may work better for me (95% sure I'll do it)

I now cannot make june 4 because of a birthday. 11th is out too, I will be floating the upper d that weekend.

The 11th is a release date, but the way the river has been, the whole year has been a release date. I don't know what to do. LOL Horrible year weather wise for thee Lehigh. The fall fishing should be great though!

Yeah LRSABecker fishing the Lehigh now is a challange,One wrong step and you'll have one hell of a swim.
I'm still catching fish. But much harder to get where they are..

The 11th could work for me, but I probably wouldn't be interested in fishing a release day.

This year has been tough for the fisherman on the Lehigh. I havent been on the river once this year. Wx, highwater and other activities preventing me on getting out.

If we dont get anymore rain this week, (watch out for wednesday though), the river should come down nicely. It actually might be somewhat wadeable by the weekend.

I think it will still be over 1000 cfs at the Lehighton USGS gage, but it will be close - give or take.

Good luck you guys can make it out. I may sneak in a quick float on Sunday AM...wishful thinking.

As I said earlier I'll be in the ADKs tomorrow thru Sunday so I can't attend this weekend but the weather looks like it will be perfect for you June 4th, very low humidity and comfortable air temps. Plus the river is dropping and clearing nicely. Dad and I floated last night from Bowmanstown to Walnutport, weather was real hot and fishing was tough but my Dad managed a big pickerel, 4 smallies, a chub, and 1 beautiful 20" brown trout all on a Mepps spinner. I caught only one fish slinging streamers all afternoon and evening but it was a very hefty brown trout only 1" shorter than my dad's trout.

Shane,

It's not so easy getting one of these things organized, is it? I feel your pain.

What makes it the hardest is I am absolutely swamped at work!

I just kinda want to get people confirmed for the 11th. Thats all I ask, If no one wants to do it, you just need to come up and I will borrow your toon and we can float together.

Can't make it on the 11th unfortunately. Still planning on making the trip tomorrow tho to the lehigh/other nearby creeks. Fishing still looking pretty good up that way I assume?

So is the jam tomorrow the 4th or the 11th?
Me and Beeber are on a break right floating
the upper D. Well be back late but I can make it out to float tomorrow afternoon...
Could be in for the 11th too if Im in town.
I'm off work until the 13th...trying to float anyday r
but I might be heading outta state next week

So, did it happen on the 4th? If not I think I'm in for a float on the 11th.

Looking like the 11th if anybody wants to do it.....BUT......I am unbelievable busy with work. Things just seem like that can't get going with this thing. I don't know what to do. I might just wash my hands of this mess.

Well I'm hoping to float in the late afternoon/ evening but probably won't have the two-man available. There's also a chance I might head up to the Benton area in the afternoon to Fishing Creek. I have to get my garden fence up and a few other things done but I believe I'm setting Saturday afternoon aside for fishing.

I do need to get some stuff organized and put away and some crap off my front porch so I can start enjoying evenings sitting out on my porch with a cold one (in a mason jar) like proper country folk!

Just in case anybody was planning on coming, doubt it, I am now scheduled to work. Guess we will try this again next year......or maybe never lol

Back