hunlock creek off susky in luzerne county

P

PJHarrington

i live near hunlock creek since i was a little kid and not ever think to fish it until now that i start to really like to trout fish with fly rod and now i look at every creek and wonder if there are trouts in it so i fish hunlock creek today in this afternoon on way home after i finish a 3 day roofing job and gone to try my fly rod I just got yesterday. I caught 4 trouts and some smallies and the big trout was a 20inch brown trout and was caught just near where hunlock creek goes under rt11. i was not sure if creek would hold any fish and begin fishing about maybe 300 yards above rt11 and lost my hare ear nymph 1 time and was hoping for any thing to hit and when i got down under rt11 i cast a hare ear nymph on thingabob to drift down middleof creek and see thingabob go under and i pull up rod to hook fish and i know i hook something good and when rod bend down and fish take off I think big smallie but it was not and was suprised when it was a big brown trout. i want to catch him but i watch him swim away before i could net him but at least i know where he is and I will go back and get him next time hopefully tomorow. i get all my fish from rt11 down to susky.

Yes Hunlock Creek is a trout stream, and up further in an SGL there is a beautiful waterfall.
Welcome to the board, but try a little punctuation. Even if it's wrong it makes things easier to read. :)

Back