How to fish private portions of streams in poconos?

It sucks that so much of the water is privately owned. Where I’m from in NJ, a lot of the water is accessible because the state bought the land.
Or the State bought an access easement?

Do PFBC wcos enforce trespass law?
Up here in Northwest PA they do if a portion was converted to an easement. They will also police it if their are problems. One of the best reasons imo to have the state acquire an easement on a steelhead stream up here.
It would be nice in the future if other watersheds were put into a similar program.
Every interaction they have, no matter how small and insignificant it seems, always has the potential to go badly. That's a lot to have weigh on you day in and day out.
I think more of us should be aware of that when interacting with LEO.

Up here in Northwest PA they do if a portion was converted to an easement. They will also police it if their are problems. One of the best reasons imo to have the state acquire an easement on a steelhead stream up here.
It would be nice in the future if other watersheds were put into a similar program.

I think more of us should be aware of that when interacting with LEO.
I see. So in order to get the agency to take action concerning the private property nightmare they’ve created, by enforcing trespassing laws and keeping people off land where they are not wanted, you have to allow your property to be used by others?

That seems logical.

Back