How to be Successful!

Trey

Trey

For all of you who can't figure out how to catch fish (you know who you are), The Wall Street Journal has you covered!

IMG_2716_zps87e5c7a8.jpg

Geez, tough crowd. I thought it was hilarious.. especially the diet portion.

I read it last week. Usually enjoy their fitness articles but this one was a stretch. I understand rowing a drift boat could be tiring but that, in and of itself is exercise. Bottom line - any activity you pursue including fly fishing will be far more enjoyable if you are physically fit.

Pro tip for you Trey - if you want others to read an article post a link to it.

McSneek wrote:

Pro tip for you Trey - if you want others to read an article post a link to it.

Wouldn't even know where to find a link! Pathetic, I know

http://www.wsj.com/articles/to-fly-fish-on-the-snake-river-successfully-strength-train-first-1442846517

Trey wrote:
Wouldn't even know where to find a link!

Links are easy on our forum if you remember to use the little icon that looks like a chain link that you can see above the box you're writing in, just to the right of the word "message." When you click on the chain link icon, a new box will apear where you paste the URL, then in the next box that follows, you write the word as it will apear in your post (this word has the hyperlink that the reader clicks on).

I won't mention any names but someone needs to work on their forum post diet in order to be successful. Don't worry someone's got you covered.

Without reading that article, I know it's true for waterfowling. Ergo, wading and working a stream requires the same skill set, so give it a try. At least you won't be able to look at your out-of-shape self and blame that.

Besides, self-discipline with exercise breeds discipline in other areas.

Back