How long does it take to land a fish?

The key is using 8x so it breaks and the fish keep flying. Go CaneUSA!

Is five minutes too long for a 22" brown on 6X in moderate current? A lot of course has to do with the tackle and flow volume.

wbranch wrote:
Is five minutes too long for a 22" brown on 6X in moderate current? A lot of course has to do with the tackle and flow volume.

I'd say that's damn good just to land a 22 inch brown on 6x, especially if it's on the Delaware, those fish are nuts.

Nope, on the Missouri, and they are pretty nuts there too! This brown actually is 23" and it was on 5X. Just an awesome fish. It put me deep into the backing twice. It might of been close to ten minutes from the hookup to the net.

Attachments

• Brown on Missouri.jpg
    Brown on Missouri.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 3
That's a beautiful fish! Love it.

The fish you are holding in your avatar is a beauty too!

Ryan,

If you ever want to fish the upper Delaware I would enjoy fishing with you and taking you on a float of the main stem and WB. I can give you the number of a decent cabin right on the WB that rents for a very reasonable rate.

wbranch wrote:
Ryan,

If you ever want to fish the upper Delaware I would enjoy fishing with you and taking you on a float of the main stem and WB. I can give you the number of a decent cabin right on the WB that rents for a very reasonable rate.

I would love to, that would be awesome! It would be great to fish with you. I will shoot a PM. I absolutely love that river but haven't made it up there in a number of years.

The flipside of this is of course, play them hard but don't yank them in either - i was told by a guide that playing them too hard results in distended mandibles and death by starvation, particularly with fishing streamers.

I guess the key is to focus on how you are playing the fish.

Back