How did you wet a line due to the flooding ?

I usually seek out steep small streams, but with spring flows in sepetember, have gone to flatter ones... they've been good.

Dave_W wrote:
poopdeck wrote:
I got so tired of the boat sitting in the driveway that I started fishing high fast muddy water with spin gear. I mean really high, really fast, and really muddy water.

How did you make out?

There are some boat guys (motor boats- spin gear) that are adept at fishing the Susky when conditions are high and muddy. They often do quite well.

Welllllllllllllllllll, I didn't do as good as when the river is not flooded but I did better then I would have sitting on the couch. The worse day I went out the river was at the top of its banks I caught one in 5 hours. A couple days later when the river dropped a foot and half I caught 8 in five hours throwing everything I had. Tubes and jerk baits at the bank. Forget fishing eddies because there are none and forget fishing individual or groups of rocks because you can't find them.

Generally I do better during high water and find they are very easy to locate but this high water has been setting the high water bar. In 25 or so years I have never seen river levels consistently this high. During regular high water they are a foot from dry land. Now the waters so high it's difficult to not hang up on the submerged trees, bushes, and what nots.

Sad thing is the levels are worse this week and I'm thinking about ending early and ripping out and replacing my boats interior.

poopdeck wrote:
I got so tired of the boat sitting in the driveway that I started fishing high fast muddy water with spin gear. I mean really high, really fast, and really muddy water.

For some strange reason you fishing that type of water seems fitting .

Back