Hip waders?

WildTigerTrout wrote:
RCFetter wrote:
WildTigerTrout wrote:
I just purchased a pair of Frogg Toggs "Canyon" stocking foot hip waders. They fit very well, are lightweight and comfortable. I bought them to use on small streams and for summer use when even my wading pants can be hot to wear. I have not tried them in the water yet but will in the near future. I think they are new on the market and retail at $79.95. I will give a report after I use them a few times.

Their old stocking foot hippers were very narrow at the ankle. I'd be interested in how easy the Canyon comes off the ankle.
They are still narrow but I had no trouble getting the gravel guards down and over my wading boots. I had a pair of their waist highs and they were the same way.

I mean narrow as in being difficult to get your foot in and out of the stocking foot. Their last model of hippers were so tight at the ankle that they were advising buyers to buy a size larger than what you would normally wear.

I did'nt have any trouble putting them on. They were fine at the ankle area for me. They could make the gravel guards just a little wider though. I think I'm going to try them on a small stream Monday. Let you know how they work.

I finally got to try my new Frogg Toggs stockingfoot hippers. They worked very well. I fished a small stream yesterday and today and was impressed. They are ALOT cooler than even my waist high Simms. Now that spring gobbler season is over I hope to get alot more use out of them. IMO they are a good value.

I really like my Frogg Togg Wading Pants. I wear a size 15 shoe and they fit better than the Orvis Silver Label Hippers that I bought a few years back. The Frogg Toggs say size 13-15 but I was impressed with the room I had

Back