High winds: Fast 5/6 wt or moderate 7/8wt? Something else?

Ok, my apologies guys. I thought that @krayfish2 was trying to say the Method was a poor choice of rod given the application described by the OP. My misunderstanding. The comments following mine have been great and accurate info regarding this particular rod. I guess that my casting isn't up to snuff because I definitely like throwing RIO single hand spey on mine. I do typically overline my rods to get a better "feel" for them and because most of my rods are relegated to bobber chuckers, but I've been working on running a more true-to-line wt to better improve my casting skills and to reach a farther range. I know that by over-lining I am slowing down the rod so that I can adjust it better to my inconsistent casting tempo. Although I think the Method is suitable with the line I have on it I know that it is a more ideal tool for long range dries with a more true-to-line wt.

Another vote standing pat and trying a real heavier leader.

My starting point for a leader for poppers is 5 - 7 foot tipped out to .0X but more often that not I'm fishing .013 for the turnover and control I'm after.

Back