Hi guys I caught this awesome fish at the Ken Lockwood Gorge over the border in NJ this weekend. I'd really appreciate some support on my new YT!

fish it! for trout its my second favorite river. the musky is first. but for smallmouth and carp the SB is my first choice
You gotta teach me the Musky.
I’ve only had limited success on it.

Sorry, this fish is far from beautiful.

Agree. And, I'd rather catch a 12" native brookie than a 25" stocker bow, OR an 18" wild brown. ;)
Yet you and several others condemn those that prefer just plain old fly fishing! Elitism seems to be taking over this site.

Screw your big invasive stocker, this is what PAFF is all about:

Giant Trout

Only kidding Brian... :)

...at least about your fish.

Good job, nice fish!!

Nice fish Brian.

If you don't mind, we'd like to morph this thread in to a brook trout thread.
Yea, nothing like a good old native fish thread to get the groove going. Or did you mean stocked brook trout? 🤦😎

Yet you and several others condemn those that prefer just plain old fly fishing! Elitism seems to be taking over this site.
Can you show me just one example of ME "condemning those that prefer just plain old fly fishing", whatever that is?

I simply stated "my personal preference".

Last edited:
I fished raritan below kenlockwood as a kid loved that stream in the valley along the gravel road. Id sit up at night waiting for my dad to wake me up and drive me out there. Good times

Anyone still hit Werner’s hole on big flat brook? It was just a stocker spot when i was a kid
Those sound like awesome memories. How different is the gorge today? I'm sure the fishing pressure has probably gone up 100x.

I’m a lifetime Joisey resident all my life . Born in Jersey City, grew up in Hudson and Bergen Counties. College in New Brunswick and graduate school in Camden. I’m 73 and never fished the SB Raritan. I must not get out much. 🤔
I grew up a 5 minute walk from the SB. Certain areas get fished out of stockers pretty quick and but when you do find a holdover or wild fish after all the stockies are gone they're usually pretty good fish. Like Kyle said the small mouth fishing is awesome on the SB.

It would take me several hours just to tie that thing on! 😂😂

Back