Help I’m Stuck!

Cooler temps, low humidity, WD40, ice on the male side, heat on the female, nitrile gloves and IT CAME APART!!

Thanks for the help getting my “baby” back!!
Nice.
Wasn't much left to try after all that I guess!

Good to hear. Any signs of why it happened?

Good to hear. Any signs of why it happened?
It happened because of my stupidity. The sections separated mid river after a cast. Freaked me out as the river was flowing kind of fast and I think I was lucky the top section didn’t float away as the size 12 fly caught a guide (glad I wasn’t fishing size 22s).

But being the Einstein that I am, I put the sections back together again without clearing the water from the ferrule and I didn’t line the guides up correctly. It was stuck due to being a bone head!

So there I am, middle of the West Branch of the Delaware, rising fish in front of me, guides on the top section at a 90 degree angle from the guides on the bottom section. What to do???? Cast baby cast!!!

It happened because of my stupidity. The sections separated mid river after a cast. Freaked me out as the river was flowing kind of fast and I think I was lucky the top section didn’t float away as the size 12 fly caught a guide (glad I wasn’t fishing size 22s).

But being the Einstein that I am, I put the sections back together again without clearing the water from the ferrule and I didn’t line the guides up correctly. It was stuck due to being a bone head!

So there I am, middle of the West Branch of the Delaware, rising fish in front of me, guides on the top section at a 90 degree angle from the guides on the bottom section. What to do???? Cast baby cast!!!
I prolly would have done the same thing.
Rising fish tend to take priority over everything else IMO

After a day on the stream, I wipe down my graphite and bamboo rods with a soft cloth.
I clean the female ferrule inside, using a q-tip or paper towel twisted into a cleaning swab. I'll use of a good ferrule wax applied occasionally to the male ferrule slide, especially on humid days or when fishing in the rain. I like Silver Trout ferrule wax.
No nose grease.

Back