Hay Creek Trout

Wildbrowntrout

Wildbrowntrout

I was looking to do some fly fishing close to home and Hay creek, (SEPA), is the closest stocked creek to me. As far as I know there are no trout left in rustic park, but I was wondering if anybody had fished it this winter. I know they stopped the fall stocking, and there are some wilds up near the old 82 parking lot. Thanks for the help.

Look at the stocked trout section on a map. The if you drop back about a half mile to a mile below the upper stocking limit, you will find the stretch that has traditionally held the most wild browns and holdovers within the stocked trout section.

Antietam Creek within the stocked trout section also supports a small wild Brown population and carries some fish over from the previous spring. Best stretches to find these fish are from Rt. 562 downstream to the upper end of the Exeter park. Have even found a few, meaning very few, wild browns as far downstream as Rt 422. May also want to check out Angelica Ck and Wyomissing Ck. Angelica is not stocked, however.

Mike are you talking about near sparrow lane or at the start of 82?

Back