Has anyone fished the WB or EB of Delaware recently?

Longbow

Longbow

I have some time off and always wanted to fish the Upper Delaware. I am headed to Hancock tomorrow morning. I have read the book and heard from a few guys with some tips. Plan to fish the West Branch and Upper EB. Hard the sulphers are still hatching. Thank you!

Longbow wrote:
I have some time off and always wanted to fish the Upper Delaware. I am headed to Hancock tomorrow morning. I have read the book and heard from a few guys with some tips. Plan to fish the West Branch and Upper EB. Hard the sulphers are still hatching. Thank you!

Here's the latest report from the DRC > http://thedelawareriverclub.com/blog/

DELAWARE RIVER REPORT / CONDITIONS JUNE 21, 2021
Jun 21, 2021 Jeff White

The thunderstorms never materialized yesterday afternoon so the river flows are starting off about the same as yesterday. we’ll be a bit warmer today in the high 80’s but that should bring a better chance of storms today. It looks like we may get just under 1/4? if they don’t track south of us. Wind will be 10 – 15 from the South. The best dry fly action was as the sun dropped but people did catch fish mid day in the sun too. Sulphurs, olives, cahills, and some isonychias will cover the mayflies. We cool back down into the 60’s tomorrow. The 10 day forecast shows some decent rain towards the weekend.

The Lower East Branch, Mainstem, and Beaverkill at Cooks Falls all peaked over or just under 70 degrees yesterday. It’s time to give those rivers a break and fish cold water areas.[/i]

I was there all of last week. Enjoyed the trip. The 16 sulphers were still coming off. Also saw a few 16 caddis. Spinner falls were very late, well after dark.

Back