half hitch over bead

T

tracker12

How do you tie a half hitch when using a bead

Learn to use a whip finish tool. Or, you could learn to whip finish just using your hand.

the same way as without a bead

by hand

If you use a tool and are finding the tapered end too small, try modifying (cutting back) the tapered end of an old ball point pen minus the ink cartridge.

Hard to tie with out knowing how to whip finish. Just like using a half hitch on some ties.

RC
Thanks for the video. I ave watched others but this one is very clear. Should be able to get my old stiff fingers to do that.

I manage to do it without really knowing how to whip finish. I cheat, when I'm tying bead heads, I l leave a bit of space between the bead and the hook eye when I'm finishing up I bring the thread over the bead head and make a couple of turns in front of the bead head then do the half hitch. Black thread for black beads, clear polyester thread for gold and silver.

You could put a little bit of super glue on the thread and make a wrap or two behind the bead so the glue contacts the wrapped thread behind the bead. That should hold at least as well as a whip or half-hitch.

I generally whip finish behind a bead, though.

The video does a great job of explaining why a half hitch is a great option along with a whip finish.

Back