great falls of the lehigh

L

lehighfalls

the fishing is great at the falls of the lehigh. located in Blakeslee pa access at the bridge on rte 115

Hey Lehighfalls!

thanks for the post! and welcome to PAFF! what kind of fish are you catching up there???

Sean

Have you been living under that bridge for a while?

^ Lol

mostly trout and some bass. it is a great spot because the fish can't go up the falls. so there is an abundance by the falls.
I tried to post a pic but can't figure out how

Me thinks now that you posted this you'll have your fair share of company.

that's ok- it has has been the best kept secret in the poconos for years- time to share- it's not like I fish there everyday.
you can park on rte 115 and access at the bridge or park on the caughbaugh rd. property owner on the caughbaugh rd does not care if you cross the property to the river, but the landowners on the other side of rte 115 are on the look out for trespassers. the lehigh is a navigable river so it is legal to be there. stay under the ordinary high water mark and down by the falls there is exposed river rock bed to walk on which is way below the ordinary high water mark.
unbelievable how many fish are there. on opening day a buddy caught 15 good size bass and trout in less than an hour- catch and released.

Guys, for crying out loud the Lehigh is a STOCKED FISHERY! The falls is well known, but maybe not for fall fishing because for the most part it is to warm to hold fish over the summer.

believe me, there are fish at the Falls ALL summer long. I know people who fish there almost every morning and catch

Back