Got my first lesson today & new toy

B

boj

I origionally started a topic "Would it be a waste of time" and really got encouragement from from everyone.

Today I went to the LLBean Fishing weekend and got my first lesson. Their instructor is also president of the local TU Chapter. He saw no problems with me at least trying casting after I explained my limitations.

While it wasn't pretty, I did better than I thought using my left hand. Now all I need is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

I came home with one of their Angler II 7' 5wt outfits andsomeother goodies. Now all I need is a license.

Thanks again for all your encouragement.

CharlieB

Welcome and enjoy!

You can't go wrong with Bean, good products and they're the best of standing behind what they sell.

This is awesome news and I think you have a ton of encouragement from us all here through your journey.

Can't wait to see your first stream report and don't forget to take a camera. We all are eagerly looking forward to pics of your first fish on a fly rod.

If you need a few flies for your box send me a PM with your address I'll gladly help fill er up! Or you can come pick them up on the Little Lehigh and we'll throw em around.

Hell knowin this gang we could do a "Charlie's Jam on the Little Lehigh" in short notice. Just give us the word!

Charlie,
Great to hear! Practice some in the backyard and get the license - springtime is right around the corner.

Guys:

Thanks, really appreciate your replies. Looking forward to catching my first fish.

Charlie

littlelehigh wrote:
If you need a few flies for your box send me a PM with your address I'll gladly help fill er up! Or you can come pick them up on the Little Lehigh and we'll throw em around.

Seconded this sentiment.

Back