Got a vise this weekend!

I can't wait to see it because I know it will be a thrill for you. I caught my first trout on my fly on French Creek. Didn't have a camera because Polaroid was big then and they were too big to carry. LOL

Just snapped a quick one with my phone. This little brownie really put a smile on my face!

Don't want to hijack Gibs thread but I really like hearing another guy from Philly got his first on his fly! Nicely done.

Gibs, the clock is running! :-D

Guess I screwed up the picture, here's my second attempt

Attachments

• First Fly.jpg
    First Fly.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2
Very nice. Congrats again, I seem to remember the feeling but it was a few years ago.

Okay, this is Gibs thread and I'm sorry for hijacking it.

Gibs, tick tick tick...............but no pressure dude! :cool:

Haha, thanks. Come on Gibs! We need some more pics in this snow shower.

Congrats! These other guys have really summed it up. Never spent so much cash to save a buck! I am addicted to tying. I'm a little over a year into tying and make about a trip a week to fly shop for materials. A couple hundred dollars ago, I said " I should have about all I need now for awhile but hooks occasionally..." 2 days later I had another $50 list I needed. I hope these $40-$50 a week trips soon let up!!! The other day i told my buddy, i should just buy 1 of everything in the fly shop!!! There is no better feeling though than catching a fish on your creation. Enjoy your new addiction!!!

Tying: enjoy the experience.

Black and gold, Don't worry, it levels off...of course, it takes a decade or so!
Enjoy,
Coughlin

Great fish podflyguy! Congrats.

I was going to post last night at home and didn't get time to and now I am back at work again. Pic will come when I get it off the camera.

Ok guys, dont scare the new tyers off!! Congrats on the both of your first fish!! It certainly is thrilling when you catch a fish with something you tied. Honestly, it is addicting!! But a heck of a lot of FUN!!!!

I know my tying and materials will never pay for themselves but when your standing in the drive way the night before fishing swatting flying ants it's nice to go in and tie some up just in case and score on them next morning. I double hackle red quills and hendricksons to my own exacting standards.

Back