Glenwhite Run (Horseshoe Curve, Altoona, PA)

NewSal

NewSal

Anyone ever fish the glenwhite run, or have any information on it? Was wondering if there are any natives swirling around in it?

They don't really swirl, so, no.

Why even bother replying just to be a smartass?

I was a smartass before I replied.

Read between the lines. If it isn't on the Class A list (easily accessible), or a wilderness trout stream (also easily accessible), or on the Natural Reproduction list (again, easily accessible), then it isn't worth your effort, unless it is, then your query is kind of presumptuous, thinking that someone would encourage you to fish it. Think before you post.

How long would it take to try it out before abandoning it for any number of waters in the immediate vicinity?

I don't understand your negativity, I just moved to Gallitzin, PA less then two weeks ago, I fish many many many streams in the central PA area, all of them very good trout streams, the Glenwhite run is within a bike ride of my new home, and if someone fishes it for natives that would be cool information to have and discuss.

Glenwhite run is classified as a CWF (Chapter 93), I scouted it yesterday and it appears just like any other mountain stream I've fished and caught natives in that weren't classified as Class 'A', or HQ.

When I was scouting I did not see any natives but I didn't take much time due to having to get home, why would it hurt to ask if anyone has any information on it to discuss?

Most of the information on forums can be found elsewhere on the internet, and most questions regarding fishing can be found out by experience and just going to do it. Why is it a problem to throw up a post while at work just to get that extra tid-bit of info before trying it out yourself?

I hope you feel like a real man for being a #censor# for no reason, over an internet forum over a question that is well within the guidelines to be asked within a " FISHING LOCATIONS" area of a FLY FISHING FORUM.

LOL you are getting way way way to butthurt for a "FLY FISHING FORUM"

Its cool, I have a extra large tub of desitin on stand-by

The fish in there probably have Swirling Disease.

Desitin not only takes care of butt-hurt but also swirling disease, just fyi, always be prepared

I am not being critical, I just made a joke and you over reacted, so I tried to surreptitiously explain why and how to decipher my comments. Streams of this size and ilk are closely guarded if real gems and if duds, probably will not be mentioned. It's the nature of the beast. I would just fish it under optimal conditions, and have another nearby stream as a backup plan.

JackM wrote:
I am not being critical, I just made a joke and you over reacted, so I tried to surreptitiously explain why and how to decipher my comments. Streams of this size and ilk are closely guarded if real gems and if duds, probably will not be mentioned. It's the nature of the beast. I would just fish it under optimal conditions, and have another nearby stream as a backup plan.
gotta go with Jack on this-if it's a small treasure of a stream don't ask,don't tell.

Never fished it, couldn't care less. Take 5 beginning April whatever and enjoy those 7 inch brookies.

I think as a moderator you should be above comments that appear to be trolling the OP. But that appears to be your M.O.

I apologize.

New Sal must learn that in order to be one of the good-ol-boys here you have to have 95% or more of your post show up in the OT forum and only fish 3 or fewer times per year.

But just ask, this is a place to share and learn, as well as to encourage the knuckle-dragging bait and spin fishermen to become sophisticated.
But yet, the stream reports forum is one of the least popular on the site.

So what if new sal broke an unwritten rule.

Next topic will be how we all know that fishing pressure and harvest have little to no effect of fish population, and might even help lead to larger fish.

I hope he catches a 30" brookie.

Don't know who the good old boy is but I fish about 100 days a year but not saying where .lol

As a moderator, I will refrain from expressing myself....

Back