Getting ready to start shopping for my second rod. Suggestions please

Millertime wrote:
I keep looking at that Riptide chest pack on there.

Do you own it Afish??

Does any one on here own it??

Yeah, received it earlier this week. I haven't used it yet, but it definitely looks like it's worth the money.

Oh and good luck with the pink reel Jay...not that there's anything wrong with that!

afishinado wrote:

Yeah, received it earlier this week. I haven't used it yet, but it definitely looks like it's worth the money.

Awesome.

I will trick my wife into getting it for me for Christmas.
Please let me know if you find any fatal flaws.

jayL wrote:
Yes, I had pink hair when I was a teenager. I have no problem with having ridiculous looking gear, and would kind of enjoy having a reel like that, especially for $50.

They won't make your $50 price point, but I'm sure Abel will be glad to sell you rainbow anodized reel with a trout face painted on it.

If it wasn't $700, I'd have bought one with skull and crossbones on it. :)

From TCOs site

Attachments

• reel.jpg
    reel.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2
Yeah, see, I loathe the Dead and I still think that's cooler than Jesus.

You can always give this new Pa company a try I haven't heard anything bad about them so far this rod is in your price range
Colton 9' 5 wt

Save your money and buy a decent rod

After fishing today I'm shopping for a 7'6" 3wt. I think it is a size and weight I would use regularly and do a great job layout th size #16 to 24 flies I regularly uses especially in tight quarter.

Thanks to all for your input it is greatly appreciated. Now the bargain hunting begins!

Back