Gear Junkie

Sorry Gfen, only for me. Hopefully.
I knew as soon as I reread what I wrote, someone would go there.
gfen wrote:
Railking wrote:
Me and my wife have a pretty open relationship with each other.

She a goer?

Railking wrote:
I knew as soon as I reread what I wrote, someone would go there.

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

PennKev wrote:
Meh.

A few of the reviews make the rods in question sound like crap but then they give them a 18 out of 20 rating on the scoresheet.

If they suck give them a 10 out of 20 or something. Doesn't make sense to say that a company needs to go back to the drawing board but then give them high scores.
No doubt, this is very true. On the gear junkie side of things I went years without buying another rod. Then I found Paff, four in the last year and some :-o. Now granted really good deals on all of them so really it doesn't count as a "new rod" purchase right? :roll: Railking, I know where you're coming from. :-D

I dislike stuff like this. Stuff like this couldn't be a more literal 'different strokes for different folks' thing. It's also hosted by a fly shop, so I'm sure they don't have an agenda to sell the rods that have the more gross profit in them.

Also, the way he does his tied ranking system is weird.

The Hardy Artisan and Sage should be tied for 5th not 4th, the Orvis and St. Croix should be tied for 7th not 5th, etc. The ranking of the rod in last place should be equal to the number of rods in the shoot out, not just some number.

The Shootout...
Where AsIan Blanks Prove Again And Again They Are Better Than Their Us Made Counterparts
The Only Opinion That Matters Should Be Your Own.

wsender wrote:
I dislike stuff like this. Stuff like this couldn't be a more literal 'different strokes for different folks' thing. It's also hosted by a fly shop, so I'm sure they don't have an agenda to sell the rods that have the more gross profit in them.

YSA does sell a fair amount of the rods they review and it is my understanding that dealer mark up is generally around 100% on most premium rods. They also have an amazing shop and are pretty decent all around guys. But ya, so many things are subjective.

"best rod...??? prob my mystic m-series 3wt."

interesting. I have a dozen fly rods, best is mystic m-series 2wt

Back