Found- Fly box on the Big Pine 10/8

A guy, John Zydallas, just posted on Facebook that he lost a Fishpond hip pack with his fly box at Schoolhouse riffle. Could that be what you found?

Last edited:
Found a fly box today 10/8 on the Big Pine below Slate Run. Pm if you lost it and I’ll get it in the mail back to you.
If it is a black box it's Ralph shays from Idaho, he stopped at store and gave his address. If it's a red or clear box with light blue foam it could be mine. I lost a fishpond hip pack with those two boxes.

Is this it?

Checks out with the story. I never knew it was called that since, staying at Cammal, we don't usually make it much higher than Black Walnut Bottom. My mentor usually referred to the spots we fished by whichever runs entered nearby (Truman, Ross, etc.) unless it was the "graveyard hole" close to where the Gibson Hotel used to be.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I hope that these fly boxes get reunited with the owners.

If it is a black box it's Ralph shays from Idaho, he stopped at store and gave his address. If it's a red or clear box with light blue foam it could be mine. I lost a fishpond hip pack with those two boxes.
I found the box near Clark farm access area, it’s double sided, clear with red foam inside. Mostly all nymphs inside that look hand tied.

Back