For your approval or critique

Heberly

Heberly

Set to 985 pixels. If that's too much margin for you, let me know I'll change the html.

That is an amazing picture

It is too much for the margin. 640 or 720 pixel width are optimal and won't blow out even the smallest monitor displays.

As you may know, you can always code your post so that a click on the dipalyed image will link to the full image, so that folks can enjoy the highest resolution you wish to provide.

JackM wrote:
It is too much for the margin. 640 or 720 pixel width are optimal and won't blow out even the smallest monitor displays.

As you may know, you can always code your post so that a click on the dipalyed image will link to the full image, so that folks can enjoy the highest resolution you wish to provide.

Fixed. Set at 710 wide

BradFromPotter wrote:
The bridge embankment is too over powering. My eyes goes right to it. I like the lighting on the fisherman.

Thanks Brad, can't move the bridge unfortunately otherwise I might have.

I think it's great!
Mike B

Where's the Fish?

think that guy has enough gear on? what's he doing? camping?

SlingerFlyRods wrote:
think that guy has enough gear on? what's he doing? camping?

Who knows...my thoughts exactly

I like the sun catches on the leader. Composition is nice too as the angler is right on the "third" line. The bridge support provides nice contrast for the fog but is somewhat distracting. I like the monochromatic vibe too! Nice capture! I always favor natural light in non posed photos. I think of it as it is .. The moment will never happen again in that way. Nice work!

JG63 wrote:
I like the sun catches on the leader. Composition is nice too as the angler is right on the "third" line. The bridge support provides nice contrast for the fog but is somewhat distracting. I like the monochromatic vibe too! Nice capture! I always favor natural light in non posed photos. I think of it as it is .. The moment will never happen again in that way. Nice work!

yes, the angler was dead center on the third as you say. I didn't like the bridge column at first, but have since made peace with it, as it goes two things IMO. 1, provides a dark background to really punch the fog into focus, 2, contrast.

Figured removing it would be too much manipulation in the end.

BradFromPotter wrote:
The bridge embankment is too over powering. My eyes goes right to it.

interesting Brad. my eyes first zero'd in on the white water infront of him - the foam seems almost to be floating above the water, as if it was a wave lapping over itself.

it just goes to show how differently people perceive the same picture.

no criticisms from here - its a great photo.

i like the subtle detail of the branches around his feet.

Heberly have you titled it - if i may suggest one ? - " Early Morning Decisions"....

nicely done.

cheers

Mark.

Love it!

Great photos are possible when "the light is right."

You've got a good eye for pics. I'd like to learn a little of that from you.

geebee wrote:
BradFromPotter wrote:
The bridge embankment is too over powering. My eyes goes right to it.

interesting Brad. my eyes first zero'd in on the white water infront of him - the foam seems almost to be floating above the water, as if it was a wave lapping over itself.

it just goes to show how differently people perceive the same picture.

no criticisms from here - its a great photo.

i like the subtle detail of the branches around his feet.

Heberly have you titled it - if i may suggest one ? - " Early Morning Decisions"....

nicely done.

cheers

Mark.

Thanks Gee... I titled it in my mind as " Devotion " because I recall how cold it was but I like that one too!

Thanks Troutbert! Sun angle is everything for quality shots.

I hope I'm not messing anyone up with the edit, but it looks like 640 width is optimal for my monitor and settings. If I'm the only one, I'd be glad to dial it back.

The angler is almost fully silhouette. You see the angler first. You know it is a fishing picture, and you can also tell he is fly fishing, if you are a fly angler.

I like that the rest of the story is left to the imagination, which is why the fog is so perfect a commentary.

Is this a color photo? It could easily be a toned black and white print. Interesting shot.
Brad may not like the composition but I find it dynamic. I've noticed his photos on his site all are centered (I like his too). I'm not sure if I believe there is some magic formula for composition. I think it has more to do with the personality of the photographer and the mood of the image. In this case the diffused areas are played against the the hard edge of the bridge. The subject is the fisherman I guess but he is not necessarily the first thing that jumps out which is also interesting. I would say this is a very successful composition.

Back