for the musky guys

Sandfly?Bob..........answer your phone , i wanna purchase one of those small thompson whip finishers , i been lookin for years , i have one and i use it all the time too , i want a back up , did you know they are hard to find? I'm talking the SMALL one 2-3 inches tops. I'll measure the one i have to be sure.

I'll be home on tues. I'm in bucks Co. now...

Here's a pike/musky fly I ties up yesterday. 7" long.

Canada, here I come.

Attachments

• DSC08835 - Copy.JPG
    DSC08835 - Copy.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 2
MKern...........LOOKS GOOD , they like that black , those few strands of crystal flash in the tail , 50" at least , on the figure 8.

these were pike/musky flies from Aug
no razor, so the deer was cut by hand
everything 5/0 and over 6in

97d83e1f.jpg

top right wool head got the big fish
after only a day or so, it became this...
4aa999de.jpg

Ram.......good trim job with just scissors , better eye than me , i keep a double edge razor blade in my wallet , between a couple cards , just don't forget it's there!!! I have a couple barrel swivels some line and 3 hooks in there too............and a lil peice of wd40 straw (nail knot)...........boy scout.

i'm sure you make lots of friends at the TSA checkpoints...

For an osprey i don't fly much , but now that you mention it , the last time i flew was in 05 and i had all that stuff in there long before that , no one said a word but then things have gotten a lot tighter i guess , i'll have to remember that THANKS.

I anm back from the catskills and bucks co., all the water is very hard except the west branch, to high to fish. besides with all the salt runnin off the roads all i could hope for is a few bluefish...lol..... So I went to see Eddie..

Attachments

• goin to moms 117.jpg
    goin to moms 117.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2
Anybody fish Artur Lake for muskie?

What are preferences for hooks?

I use mustad 34011 2/0 stainless for mine...that way I can use them in the salt, too.

Back