Flyfishing Show Somerset NJ 2013

I'm in for Sunday.

Matt, I will be there Sunday as well. I think a beer is in order!

Thanks for the heads up Pc. I'm a coming Saturday either way.

dubthethorax wrote:
Matt, I will be there Sunday as well. I think a beer is in order!

SOLD!

I will be there everyday wearing a blue gone fishing shirt with my son and gf. Son will be wearing a camo shirt on Fri. Will be walking around stop me and say hi please would love to meet you all

Thanks for the weather forecast pcray. I just heard about snow is SEPA for Fri and thought I'd check this thread. I'm still planning on Fri but come up on Sat if Friday is bad.

This morning channel ten announced that the storm is going to be much lighter than it looked in the beginning for the weekend. Hooray!!!! :-D

I wasn't planning on going; now, it looks like I'll be there Saturday. Just going down as a spectator and I'll probably do some networking.

Dave R.

I'm going on Saturday. I'm not sure if many will know who I am to pick me out of the crowd. This may sound silly, I may pin a patch of my avatar to my shirt so anyone here can spot me. It's the only thing I could think of so you all would be able to spot me.

I'm looking forward to meeting people.

Yeah, weather update. As a disclaimer there's still potential here and it could flip right back.

But as of now, it's looking more like the cold air is winning. Storm is getting pushed farther south. It's also weaker and drier. Verbatim right now the models are showing maybe an inch or so for southern PA, nothing for northern. But that inch or so is the very dry, powdery type, meaning it doesn't represent much moisture. With dry air, much of it could end up evaporating before even hitting the ground. And the trend is still moving farther south and weaker, so at this point it would not be too much of a surprise if we didn't see a flake.

As another update, my personal chances of attending on Saturday have went from about 50/50 to 80/20 to the good side. Travel weather looks ok, and wife is not working Saturday, she's working Sunday. No visiting families. Kid seems like he's over his recent health issues. All things pointing up.

I read one report for North Jersey calling for 6" and another calling for a 50% chance of snow with no mention of accumulation.

Have fun at the show guys!! Change in plans so I wont be tying at the show. Please travel safely if the snow hits on Friday.

I plan on going to the show tomorrow. If anyone happens to be interested in buying a 6 foot 6 inch 3 weight echo carbon, 4pc, and will be there tomorrow please p.m. me. The rod has two fishing trips behind it, I think I want to stick with lighter gear, one and two weights. $70. Thanks. Also have a beat up but functionally fine 7' 3wt 4 pc st Croix imperial, $45. I am too lazy to ship these lowcost rods would rather just hand em over.

The imperial is gone thanks

Both rods are now sold thanks!

This stinks somebody's probably buying "my" hackle as we speak! :p Work always gets in the way of fun.

I was at the show today and planning on being there in the morning thru about 1:00. Please say hi if you see me, I'll be wearing my paflyfish hat!

Looks like there are several new exhibitors this year and the floor is full with booths. Decent early crowd on Friday. A lot sales happening Friday with what seemed like some decent deals. Many vendors exressed that they sold more than they were expecting today. There is plenty of deals, but come early on Sat and if you see something of value I would't wait too long being indecisive about things.

i hope there is still some of the things i need left on sunday

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting or seeing some old and new faces today. Wanted to give a general thanks to everybody that made the day enjoyable for my son. Best quote today from Gfen "I can not understand how a kid so cute, came from you" lmao. He had a blast, and I am amazed how ecstatic a child gets over a couple stickers or flies. Lol

In regards to the show. I could not believe Ripp Lips Tungston gold beads in the 12-16 range were sold out after the Friday show. If anybody is looking for a 15ft 10/11 wt Spey rod, Jonas has one for $50 at his booth. Fredrick pushed it hard on me, but I could not justify buying it to highstick.

One regret, not being able to get Gfen to borrow a Cheeky reel and duck tape it on a Tenkara rod for a picture!

Good to hear, it sounds like the weather didn't chase too many folks away and that business was better than average....or at least better than expected(?).

Back