Flyfishing guides on the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

My brother wants to come in from Colorado around Memorial Day 2023. He'd like to book a day or two with a guide who has a boat and fly fish for smallmouth.

I know river access and wading spots, but I know nothing about guides with boats since Bob Clouser retired to Florida.

Can anyone recommend a guide?

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I've heard good things about Brian, but never ffished with him. A local Chester County boy, Nick Raftas of Wild East Outfitters has been guiding the Susqy for quite a while and I've thought of tapping into that one of these summers.

Brian Shumaker.
Dear redietz,

Thanks. My brother has already contacted Brian and is waiting to hear back on details. I just wanted to have an option or two just in case.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

You might want to check out Chris Gorsuch too. Reel River Adventures. He has a 20 foot jet sled. Never had a bad day, well maybe one in 100 degrees in August on the North Branch, but....

Nick or me 😉. I do run trips with Nick. There's 6 of us with wild east outfitter service that could handle ya. I'd suggest book for bass but be flexible for location or it might need to be changed to trout if Susky is blown out.

I know that the concentration of effort is for trout up into mid/late June. That's because of the smallie spawn and water conditions can be rough at that time if the spring has been wet.

Back