fly tying station made from scrap wood

Or pretty much anywhere in the Susquehanna Valley. :)
A little sidebar... my wife grew up in Camp Hill with a lot of central PA phrases that I'd never heard. "Redd up the room" was one of the first that "wondered me" (another phrase my father in law continues to use).

Nice work Kyle!!

In regards to tying stations/areas...

A LONG time ago I disciplined myself to tie one pattern/12 or more flies before moving on to a different pattern or size of the same fly. In addition I also disciplined myself to ONLY have the materials/tools on my desk for the fly I am tying.

As a result my ties are more consistent and look better, I tie MORE flies in the same amout of time and my desk top is free of clutter.

Even for me it really wasn't that difficult to go from a "dog's breakfast" (as my NEPA wife says) trying desk to where I am at today. :)

Looks pretty neat to me....That's how mine looks after i clean it up. :)
I actually did clean it up that day just a couple hours before that. Usually mine is worse, but not terrible. My lighting in that room sucks but I make do.

Good to see you're alive, Mystery Man. Up to post 8!!! Maybe you'll be to 20 by the time I invite you to the Juniata again next year.

Some of us (like me) do spend too much of our lives on this forum.

Nice work Kyle!!

In regards to tying stations/areas...

A LONG time ago I disciplined myself to tie one pattern/12 or more flies before moving on to a different pattern or size of the same fly. In addition I also disciplined myself to ONLY have the materials/tools on my desk for the fly I am tying.

As a result my ties are more consistent and look better, I tie MORE flies in the same amout of time and my desk top is free of clutter.

Even for me it really wasn't that difficult to go from a "dog's breakfast" (as my NEPA wife says) trying desk to where I am at today. :)

I do the same and am much more productive.

Im from NEPA and a dog's breakfast is not a good thing.

thanks everyone. thats just a rough in. proto type if you will. still much needed work needs to be done to finish it. i just figured posting a picture of everything "all neat" would fit the bill. some routering and a lot sanding still needs to be done. then maybe staining. but most likely just 2 coats of poly.

Back