Fly Lines

I have heard people on the bamboo forums have these lines for decades. I never understood how that was possible even with the switching of lines. Too bad H and H stopped selling their lines, that was the best bang for your buck line wise that i have ever seen. They were great lines.
I seriously have some 444's that are way old. Now I don't fish them all the time as I'm a gear junky and rotate rod/reel combo's but they all get fished enough and still perform well. That's not to say I haven't killed a few lines through dumbassedness but by and large I only buy new lines when I want to try something else, like 406 or wulff triangle.

I seriously have some 444's that are way old. Now I don't fish them all the time as I'm a gear junky and rotate rod/reel combo's but they all get fished enough and still perform well. That's not to say I haven't killed a few lines through dumbassedness but by and large I only buy new lines when I want to try something else, like 406 or wulff triangle.
Those 406 lines are really good. The Wulff lines never did anything for me, neither the bamboo lines which felt light and the TT which to me don't feel significantly better than a standard line.

Those 406 lines are really good. The Wulff lines never did anything for me, neither the bamboo lines which felt light and the TT which to me don't feel significantly better than a standard line.
Yeah the wulff is the line I fish the least. It’s “ok” to me and I just don’t dig the ivory color. I like full colored lines except the peach 444’s :)

I have never liked Rio line. Always seemed way to oft and overly flexible and would crack in no time. I have used Cortland and Scientific Angler lines and had good luck with them lately. I have returned lines that fell apart in less than a year with no problems to the fly shop where I got them.

I had a issue with a Rio line 6 years ago. Rio replaced it. Since that time I have no problems. Rio Gold and Tech Trout are excellent tapers. SA Trout and Standard are excellent as well.

Back