fly identification

C

cdogedoger

Does any one know of any web site that show pictues of ties flies. I have a bunch of flies and a few I have a hard time identifing. I checked cabelas and some other site and the pictures are not that good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

On most of the web sites that I use for patterns you have to know the name of the fly in order to search for and see a picture of it. You can try some other catalogues, like Orvis and The Fly Shop.

Or you could try describing them to us and we could take a stab at identifying them. Might be kind of fun.

Been there done that. Try posting photos of the flies and see if you get any responses.

Merle

Try these, they might be helpful!

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/patterns/fly_tying.php

I don't worry about it because all of my flies have been identified as "a poor facsimily of a various aquatic insect"

Post pics we'll make a game of it!!!
Do it while the creeks are high..

i have to find and install the disc program for my digital camera. If i find it, i will post the pictures saturday.

John

cdogedoger,
If you have microsoft 98 on up, your computer already has picture software on it. Plus it is quite simple to use. just plug in your USB cable and turn your camera on. It should ask you where you wish to download the pics. Choose the microsoft camera wizard and go from there.

Back