Fly fishing for Snakeheads video

Fredrick

Fredrick

So I finally got around to editing some video footage from last summer enjoy.
https://youtu.be/uUNCd9Vwxpc

Yeah rough fishing look at the comments ,I’m already get hate mail .

You should only get hate mail if you threw them back.

I hear snakehead taste pretty good, but never tried it.

Good stuff, Fred!

Nice video Frederick....
2 Questions....why was the frog fly blurred out ? And next one is that J. Heinz Nature Preserve ? I’ve been to try it down there and I hope too this spring.

Fred,

I was referring to the idea that this looks like such uninviting water to fish. Looks like a giant millfoil and algae bog. You make it seem way less frustrating than it should to flyfish. Are you up on all your shots?????

Nice video and that was a pretty good snakehead at the end. I've been meaning to go after them for so long now and still haven't done it.

AndyP wrote:
Nice video Frederick....
2 Questions....why was the frog fly blurred out ? And next one is that J. Heinz Nature Preserve ? I’ve been to try it down there and I hope too this spring.

It’s blurred out as a joke honestly some friends and non friends have been trying to get their hands on it for over a year now, if you spend some time watching there is two parts you can get a ok look at it. This isn’t JH and jh is extremely hard to fish with a fly rod but it can be done . I caught a fish out of there last year that won me a $1000 underarmor rain suit in a photo contest ran by hook shots . This pick is JH

Attachments

• 8EB11BE1-11CF-4D79-9DF2-70A4E3AB4C00.jpeg
    8EB11BE1-11CF-4D79-9DF2-70A4E3AB4C00.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 2
tomgamber wrote:
Fred,

I was referring to the idea that this looks like such uninviting water to fish. Looks like a giant millfoil and algae bog. You make it seem way less frustrating than it should to flyfish. Are you up on all your shots?????

Thanks for the compliment Tom and the answer is yes .

Nice job, Fred! You need to start the "Greenliners Guild".

That was awesome. PS, I'd love some advice on how you keep the weeds off your fly, etc.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
That was awesome. PS, I'd love some advice on how you keep the weeds off your fly, etc.

The fly is designed to be weedless but I use a plastic bead that is placed on the leader in front of the fly to stop weeds from getting caught on the eye of the fly .

dc410 wrote:
Nice job, Fred! You need to start the "Greenliners Guild".

Muck liners Guild ?????? No muck is to tuff we line them at 5 ????

N-I-C-E!!!!.....Fred.

Tell me that wasn't fun?

Anyone P'in and Moan'in is just jealous.

I really liked this youtube comment:
"Probably because he is using a Hula Popper as his "secret fly" or he somehow thinks he can make money on fly patterns. Typical Delco #censor#!?"

Do you accept PayPal Fred?!.....:lol:

The Snake Man cometh!

The Delco Destroyer!

Fred, the Sultan of Slop!

afishinado wrote:
N-I-C-E!!!!.....Fred.

Tell me that wasn't fun?

Anyone P'in and Moan'in is just jealous.

I really liked this youtube comment:
"Probably because he is using a Hula Popper as his "secret fly" or he somehow thinks he can make money on fly patterns. Typical Delco #censor#!?"

Do you accept PayPal Fred?!.....:lol:

The Snake Man cometh!

The Delco Destroyer!

Fred, the Sultan of Slop!

Thanks for the compliments Tom

But I'm sure there will be more internet trolls in the future .

I do have paypal btw :lol:

Great video!

I've been intrigued by snakehead for some time...maybe I'll get out this summer and give it a try. Are top waters the most effective method for catching them?

bradtheflyfisherman wrote:
Great video!

I've been intrigued by snakehead for some time...maybe I'll get out this summer and give it a try. Are top waters the most effective method for catching them?

It all depends on how much cover you are fishing in . If the cover is like in the video subsurface flies will collect to much weeds to fish them properly . With that being said they are a great topwater fish because they are always in shallow water, since they breath air and their eyes are positioned in a way that they are always looking above them . Best time in my area for streamers is late spring and early summer since the weed growth is still low.

0604-fish.jpg

I know nothing much at all about weedless. I never gave it a thought til this past summer when I found a nice warm water pond w/in 1/8 mile of my house. It's all Greek to me, to be honest w/ you.

Back