Fly Fishing for Snakeheads and Bowfin success thread

Spotted my first one today below Holtwood, i knew the dam was keeping them from going up river, but never expected to see one in my lifetime. Was schooling a fry ball, so more will be on the way this year.

They caught a ton of them at Conowingo fish ladder trap or whatever this year i was reading the other day. Hopefully people are doing the right thing and removing them when caught. I know some guys on the Delaware just above trenton are doing their part

They caught a ton of them at Conowingo fish ladder trap or whatever this year i was reading the other day. Hopefully people are doing the right thing and removing them when caught. I know some guys on the Delaware just above trenton are doing their part
Rest assured that while some will kill them some will also transplant them above the dam. Consider them established in the river above the dam. Sad but true.

Rest assured that while some will kill them some will also transplant them above the dam. Consider them established in the river above the dam. Sad but true.

Not sure if you are referring to the susky or D. Established in both IMO. A kayak fisherman caught a big one up by easton in the past couple weeks. He kept it the article said. Supposedly they are good to eat. Not sure if i would have the stones to try it. They are some ugly son of a guns

They’ve been established in the Delaware and catching them in Easton should be no surprise. I’m talking about them establishing themselves in the Susky. If they are below the dam they are also above the dam.

Those are great. Are there any guides that book snakehead trips?

Anywhere below York Haven Dam on the Susquehanna is now Snakehead territory. I've seen pictures of several caught below York Haven Dam at the catwalk. I also saw a picture of one taken in Wrightsville.

IMG_0996.jpeg

Another slab caught yesterday 13 pounds 34”. You can either cry about them or embrace them , they are here to stay and will continue to spread .

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Wow Frederick, you really have snakeheads locked down. I'm in southwest pa, I have a MD fishing license and looking to targets snakes on fly from kayak. If you can dm me any ideas on where I can start it would be greatly appreciated

Back