Fly Fishing for Snakeheads and Bowfin success thread

Fish have been good to me lately, this guy waked really hard on my fly so I stopped my fly and let it sit he grabbed the tail with his lips and held it in his mouth for five seconds before he finally sucked the rest in . Seemed like an eternity waiting to finally set the hook .

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 30
Serious question to those of you who fish for snakeheads, you're killing all these right? Or have these now become C&R FFO?

Man, you're out there living my dream! I've been fly fishing the Manayunk canal in Philly recently trying real hard to catch my first snakehead, but I can't seem to find them now. I've had them bite frogs on spinner gear but never hook up. Thought a popper on the fly rod might be the ticket but they must not like my presentation or something.

Congrats on the nice fish!

Serious question to those of you who fish for snakeheads, you're killing all these right? Or have these now become C&R FFO?
Live let live brother

You're a much braver man than I.

I wouldn't touch those fookers with someone else's hands.

They are a great fish to catch on poppers and are here to stay so unless someone intends on eating them(very delicious) there is no point in killing them.

Back