Flies for Delaware Jam

R

RickinPa

To all those that fish the Delaware, what flies will we need for the Jam in August? Looking to start tying so I have what I need when we get there.

Thanks

Rick

Not going to jam but I would have some whit flies,ants and buggers

Rick,

Iso patterns in the 10-14 range

Olives size 18-20

Sulphurs 16-18

Cahill or Pink Cahill 14-16

Various caddis every size you can think of

6-7" articulated streamers

Size 18-20 rusty spinners!

Size 18-20 rusty spinners!

Good call Jimmy. Almost forgot about those.

Tight lines,
Andy

Rick,
Looks like a few more C&F boxes in your future. But you are going to have to tie dries and I know that is bothersome to you. LOL.

No, just one more box. I have some rusty spinners no sure if they are that small. You know I have a very large selection of Caddis and a few Sulfurs. I will dig out my salt water flies and have a nice selection of Clousers, Decievers, and Half and half. I will need the 7 or 8 wt to throw them.
So I need to work on Olives and Cahills. I will learn how to tie them in the next week.

winged ants in cinnamin and black. As stated above do not go without small rusty spinners, midges, and tricos.

Rick,

Try these patterns. You can adapt the size and color to the bug you are trying to match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXV2lwTpMZs&playnext=1&list=PLC8B1B1ECCB3A20C5

muppet babies or chew toys. Take your pick. :)

Ooh, that's not bad either. Doesn't lack the more subtle comedy of the implied horror of throwing little muppets for large fish, but it ain't bad.

Muppet Baby Steamer (or Fly) Pattern search on google resulted in very interesting search results, but not what I was looking for. Help me out bro.

Also, how about a nice ISO pattern?

wsender wrote:

I really like the TPO pattern on youtube.

BTW Kray, is my 4wt too light for articulated streamers?

gochs wrote:
wsender wrote:

I really like the TPO pattern on youtube.

BTW Kray, is my 4wt too light for articulated streamers?

If they are tied like rowjimmy, you need atleast a 7wt. NFJ

Crap. I was hoping to try a little bit of everything. There's always next time.

I was looking for an ISO dry. I only see an ISO nymph on TPO's youtube channel.

you need to specify that for a nymph guy like me. lol. the ones I got from spruce creek outfitters is a catskill type, black hackle, like a mahoganyish body, black tails.

Maybe the regular catskill guys can help me out, I do believe there are two common types of Isos, a bi-color and the usual iso. which one is prevalent on the D?

Be sure to cover both slate drake and Iso on your google search. On this side of the state, a lot of people refer to them as slate drakes.

Back