Flies for Delaware Jam

for the slate drakes / ISO's, mahogony body #10-#14, 2-3x shank, flat riding thorax tie will work the best. I'll take a pic from my fly box and post it tomorrow.

wsender,

Here's a video for tying a "muppet baby"

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2010/12/21/dungeon/

photo below.

gochs,

A 7-8 weight is needed for tossing the chew toys around. I may have one for you to borrow if you want to go that route.

Attachments

• sexdungeon.jpg
    sexdungeon.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 4
wsender wrote:
Muppet Baby Steamer (or Fly) Pattern search on google resulted in very interesting search results, but not what I was looking for. Help me out bro.

That's because Andy and crew invented the muppet baby.

I am going to attempt some new ISO nymphs tonight and may possibly not be afraid to post pics and pattern. It looks pretty interesting.

I like the TPO Iso pattern but Aaron doesn't specify the dubbing used, only that its a blend of brown hare's ear and ice dubbing. Anybody have a favorite/effective dubbing color(s) they use for De Isos?

I bet if you send Aaron a Benjamin he'll tell you what the mix is!

Buy his DVD and maybe he'll throw in a bag of dubbing. Sweet.

For a good Iso (nymph) dub blend I like 80% black orvis spectrablend (or black rabbit) and 20% mahogony rabbit dubbing.

For a dry Iso I had some very good luck on the D this year with an adams grey superfine dubbed size 10 sparkle dun ribbed with granite quill body from fly tying specialties. Don't forget to tie in a long bright orange or brown antron shuck.

I shouldn't be giving away so many of my secrets up there but you still have to make a good presentation.

If I spent all that time tying a "muppet baby" and lost it during a trip... I'd give up fly fishing. Probably life, too.

But they sell them on Fly Stop for 99 cents. SCORE

I couldn't find mahogany dubbing but I got some really promising colors from Evening Hatch today. One is called "fiery brown" and it looks like mahogany to me.

Cathy, I was at evening hatch just a couple days ago, and picked up, Mahogany colored dubbing. When I get home, I will check out the brand.

gochs,

Wait til you try and throw one of those chew toys!

Rick
Make sure you tie enough for two encase I decide to come.

I will try to have enough. If not I will have some tying stuff with me to keep us in flies.

Rick

Back