Fishing tourney on French Creek (Utica, PA)

copterdoc9

copterdoc9

Just letting everyone who likes to fish French Creek, that there is a fishing tourney Saturday June 15. There are no bait restictions. It would be awesome if a fly-fisherman would be able to win it. Rules and events are posted below. Message me for further questions.

Utica International Fishing Derby 2013

Friday June 14th
4:00pm to 7:30pm - Registration for the Fishing Derby - Utica Fire Hall

Adults = $20.00 Kids under twelve-$10.00 – registration includes limited addition hat, special gift, and free entrance to Saturday concert

4:30pm to 7:30pm – Wings and beer at the Utica Firehall, Adult beverages too will be included (must be 21 years of age, three beer limit) – Utica Fire Hall

Adults = $10.00 Kids = $5.00

7:45pm – Rules and Regulations Meeting --- Utica Fire Hall – Cover permitted fishing areas and general information - All adult participants must have valid PA fishing License and follow all PA rules regarding safety and fish limits

Saturday June 15th

6:00am to 8:00am - Registration – Utica Fire Hall

Coffee and Donuts available for purchase

8:00am – Official Start of the Utica International Fishing Derby – adult and kids prizes and trophies for the biggest bass and biggest fish

3:00pm – Official Close of the Utica International Fishing Derby – all entries MUST be submitted at the Utica Fire Hall no later than 3:00pm

6:00pm to 7:00pm – Get autographs from Pittsburgh Steeler

7:05pm – Award Ceremony

7:30pm to 9:00pm – Sing and dance to Local Band “The Pine Valley Boys” in the French Creek Farms Barn.

Sunday June 16th

8:00am to 9:00am – Register for the Utica World Class Horse-shoe Championship – French Creek Farms Camp Ground

No need to have a partner – great prizes – great fun – great time.
$10.00 per person ($5.00 extra donation for draft beer - must be 21 and appreciate the great taste of Straub Beer) – Made with pride in Pennsylvania

9:01am to finish – Utica World Class Horse-shoe Competition --- prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

12 noon to 1:00pm – Register for the Utica No Class Corn-hole Championship – French Creek Farms Camp Ground

12:01pm to finish – Utica No Class Corn-hole Competition – prizes for 1st and 2nd

$10.00 per person ($5.00 extra donation for draft beer – must be 21 and appreciate the great taste of Straub Beer) – Made with pride in Pennsylvania

NOTES:

All money --- yes all the money goes to support the local community (fire, ambulance, and police) Can’t make it and wish to donate ? make check payable to:

Utica Crime Watch --- PO Box 50 Utica, PA. 16362 attn: Ken Bryan/Bill Henze

Please support our great sponsors – Straub Beer, Adzag Print Works, Guy Norelli Graphics, Bite me Bait Shop, Oar’s Canoe Rentals, French Creek Farms, Wyattville Country Store and Gift Shop, Ford Motor Company, Yamaha Outdoor Racing, Range Resources, NASA, and Gold Bond Medicated Powder.

Sounds like a great time. Good Luck and hopefully it raises some good money.

Frenchy is the jewel of western pa, hopefully they raise some good money, i fish it often and know lots of folk up that way.

How will the fish be scored(C&R allowed)? I might have to look into this, my family has a cottage close to there and I fish French a little bit whenever I'm up there. I hope they raise some cash, but on the other hand if it's a catch and kill tournament then a big event like this may do some hurting to the fishery.

You can catch and release. Just about everyone does. A lot of the fishermen do keep some walleye. At the registration you will be issued a ruler with a number at attached to it, once you catch a fish you take a picture of it with said ruler and your cell phone. You can then release your fish and bring your picture to the judges at the Utica firehall.
This bass tourney has gotten bigger each year it has been in place, it generates enough cash to fund the crimewatch for that small community all year as well as other community events. Check it out, it is always a good time. Plus Straub Beer is a sponsor!

Back