Fishing all by your lonesome

Thats my favorite kinda fishing. Sleep for 4 hours. Drive 3 hours. Fish ALL day (12+ hours) Drive 3 hours home.

Only thing that beats that is instead of driving home after fishing is camping out then doing the same thing all over the next day

Sounds like there should be a PA Flyfish buddy system that matches us with potential fishing partners.

FarmerDave wrote:
BTW, bees didn't do so well this year. I had lots of bees (topped out at 12 hives), but not nearly as much honey as I was hoping. At least 3 hives seem to have failed already, but probably from robbing, and not from CCD. I'm still learning.

I'll try to save a jar for you next year, but I'll probably have to hide it.

That sucks. Who, or what, robs honey? Winnie the Pooh?

Even when I fish with someone, we tend to separate. Otherwise, I prefer to fish alone. The only exception to this is the Salmon River DSR stretch in Pulaski. I nearly always fish with someone there, mostly because of the size of the water.

Yeah I mainly fish alone. Now night hunting for coyotes I prefer to have someone with me lol something about sitting there calling in something coming to eat you gives me creeps.

99.5% of my fishing is solo.

Given some of the remote areas I fish, probably not the best idea.

foxtrapper1972 wrote:

I fish alone yeah
With nobody else
You know when I fish alone
I prefer to be by myself

Was that supposed to be a haiku? Last line has too many syllables, right?

not a haiku
Rock and Roll!!

jeremymcon wrote:
foxtrapper1972 wrote:

I fish alone yeah
With nobody else
You know when I fish alone
I prefer to be by myself

Was that supposed to be a haiku? Last line has too many syllables, right?

It's a take on George Thoroughgood's "I Drink Alone". Good tune!!

Back