Fishin Fiberglass

I'm pretty good at hook setting, mostly because I'm pretty lousy at getting fish to hit in the first place so I strive to succeed however I can. ;)
Dear Tim Murphy,

It's for quotes such as the one above why I love and enjoy your personality and presence here on this forum.

Regards,

Jifigz

Dear Tim Murphy,

It's for quotes such as the one above why I love and enjoy your personality and presence here on this forum.

Regards,

Jifigz
Dear jifigz,

Thanks for the kind words dude. I enjoy your thoughts and posts too.

It's pretty much the real me, and I hope we get to meet this summer at your family farm for the Juniata Jam.

One way or another I'll make sure we put faces to to names.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Without seeing what you’re doing I have nothing to add if you are too fast or too slow. I’d only suggest try to do something intentionally different than what you are currently doing.

One thing is that I feel like this is one of those problems that gets into your head and sometimes just takes time to work out. I’ve had clients miss a doz fish and get more and more frustrated only to have them stop for a minute and take a break to then sticking and landing the next fish. Sometimes it just takes a little time to reset/recalibrate. Hope you solve it soon!
Best advice here... My flyfishing mentor said the following any time I asked why I kept getting wind knots and collapsing casts. "You're tired so you're trying too hard. If you keep trying too hard, you just get more tired."

If all else fails, strike like this guy...

When I first got a glass rod I experienced the same misses (as well as tailing loops!)
I realized I could not have any slack prior to the strike because the rod had so much more flex than graphite so I now really focus on removing all slack prior to the strike zone and it changed everything. I love my glass rod now!

Back