Fished the Lehigh this weekend

I think I'll be either wading or floating on Monday.

You don't fish Ryan. Just stop this foolishness.

Ryan,
Water spaniel training? LOL

Shane,
Let me see what they give me to work with in Hancock. If it's poop, I'll give ya a shout. If you can't fish, help with shuttle?

salmo-trutta.....
I believe another poster put up this link also but I can't recommend it strongly enough. Can't tell you how many times it has saved me a trip to unfishable waters. Plus, for any of you guys planning a first visit to the Lehigh - be VERY careful wading. I have seen plenty of fishermen morph into Aquaman.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/current/?type=flow

O yeah if I can't fish a shuttle should not be a problem. If not maybe call a taxi? Lol

I'll have to pass on that but I might want to get the local taxi number from Raftas...just in case. LOL.

Dcap240 wrote:
I'll be out Monday. Water temp still hasn't even reached 55 yet.

...out of the dam. It just about hit 70 in palmerton last week, luckily the temps have dropped

Should be in for the float as well depending on the day

I've heard of the "Raftas" taxi hotline. :-D

Gonna try to hit it Monday after levels settled back down. If you see a guy with a high stick nynmph rig hooking all the fish from a hole you just worked over without luck, thats not me..

Smike wrote:
I've heard of the "Raftas" taxi hotline. :-D

Gonna try to hit it Monday after levels settled back down. If you see a guy with a high stick nynmph rig hooking all the fish from a hole you just worked over without luck, thats not me..

Not me either.

Is that your cousin?

Excellent night tonight. Sulfurs have started. Big March browns, caddis and midge. Sulfurs got the fish rising from about 5:00-6:00. After the sulfurs slowed down I fished a CDC and elk and hung a frenchie below it and took a few fish on both. Stayed until dark hoping to see a spinner fall but it didn't happen. Looking forward to Monday, maybe Sunday night as well. Water temp is right at 55 in the gorge. Seems kinda cold for sulfurs but whatever.

Heading up today to fish until dark. in the Palmerton Area...Will be trying out my toon this week on Thursday and Friday for the first time on a float.Practiced 2 times this week on a lake. If I can find some one to join me on my first float.Any one else floating it either of those days.
Just PM me ..I'd appreciate it
Thanks
Tom C

Fished yesterday evening...fish on sulphurs.
Fished this morning lots of fish feeding subsurface on PT's.
Fishing this evening.... I am sure lots and lots of sulphurs again.

How was it? Trying really hard to get out tomorrow evening...

I got on the water around 6 and there were only a few sulphurs and no fish feeding on them. I think I might have missed them. I tried a new spot for them. Shot to a diffrent spot for the last hour with nothing happening 15 minutes before dark all hell broke loose with spinners and caddis

Lots of rising fish Sun eve above the gorge too. A buffet of different bugs.

I fished the Lehigh near White Haven Tuesday evening, not much happening, a few caddis flew by along with a very few other insects. Very few rises, stayed til dark.

Got the trifecta on the few risers I did see and didn't spook.

Fished in the Gorge today from 3:30 until 7:30PM. Just a few fish rising and vry few insects of any kind in the air.A ant as a dropper under a March Brown was the ticket today

Fished a new-to-me section in walnutport today - caught 1 then checked the water temp - 72 and headed to somewhere cooler.

Back