First Fish of 2017 Thread

Swattie87

Swattie87

Been fortunate the last few years for there to have been decent weather on New Year's Day and not to have had any major obligations. Made it out today for what was mostly just a hike, but it involved crossing over a Brookie stream, so I squeezed in about an hour or so of fishing. First cast of 2017 pulled in this guy. About 10 his buddies followed...nothing of any size, but pretty good fishing for January.

Attachments

• 01-01-17 (7) - PAFF.jpg
    01-01-17 (7) - PAFF.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 11
Very nice.

Mine was an 11" stocked brown on Yellow Breeches today. In the past, I had a tradition of trying to get my first fish of the year on Letort, but I gave that up years ago.

I usually don't get my first smallmouth bass until sometime in March, but maybe this year I can get one earlier.

Mine was a rainbow on the Tully today

Attachments

• Tully Rainbow.jpg
    Tully Rainbow.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
That's a really good looking Bow.

First%202017_zpsyar0cmjp.jpg

2017 starts with a bang.

Teh Fly

Jealous. I spent new years fishing last year and it was a blast.

This year, I spent the day sleeping on the couch. I did watch the Stillers game and part of the Detroit/Toronto game. Having the flu sucks.....

Im hoping to get out next weekend though

#20 BWO's, #22 Dark Dun Midge, and #8 Simi Seal Leeches were the ticket on Spring Creek.

Attachments

• 1st trout of 2017.jpg
    1st trout of 2017.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 3
I can not wait until May 1st so I can post my first fish pic. In the meantime, let it rain and snow like hell. Nice looking work guys.

kray - You can start the first birdie of 2017 thread in the OT. You'll handily beat me there as I probably won't play til mid May to tune up for my league.

krayfish2 wrote:
I can not wait until May 1st so I can post my first fish pic. In the meantime, let it rain and snow like hell. Nice looking work guys.

Hey Andy,

I know I can't convince you, but some of my best (most enjoyable) fishing has been in the winter months, especially when we get a little break in the weather.

Attachments

• winter float trip.jpg
    winter float trip.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 4
Spent yesterday morning at Big Spring. I didn't think to take a picture of the first fish, but did for the best fish of the morning.

BSRB2.jpg

Had 2 chickens in the first 4 holes yesterday! Good start to the year and I should hang it up based on that. Lol

e-setter, that bow is a beaut!

Not exactly a tackle buster, but good enough for the 3rd cast of the year:

RIMG0026.jpg

(From Gunpowder Falls)

Nice fish guys! That big spring bow has some really coloring. No fish pics for me. I fished the Saucon on new years day say two risers all day. Bumped into a guy I used to see a lot on that creek, he echoed to stream decline and poaching. Shame.

I haven't fished yet.

I took my wife for a walk on the beach on New Years day and watched a beautiful sunset over the water.

Beautiful day and no ice in site (because it was behind me).

I did take a few pictures, but they are still in the camera.

Not the greatest but hey its a fish. Caught on a #20 red zebra midge.

Attachments

• First Trout of 2017.jpg
    First Trout of 2017.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 7
A couple little guys in the rain on Valley Creek today just before it started to muddy up.

20170103_150710.jpg

20170103_150720.jpg

Nice haven't gotten out yet. Kids get in the way but I'm not complaining.

Back