Favorite Streamer Rod

jdaddy wrote:
You mean like a yellow butt sex dungeoned monkey nut?

I'd be unable to look someone in the eye if they asked what I was fishing and I had to answer, "Sex Dungeon."

I'm also not a fan of throwing sinking lines, but some practice has helped immensely. I do see its purpose, though.

I second the Redington predator - its a great streamer rod and the price is definitely worth it. It is short, which has its disadvantages but makes landing fish from a boat easier, and it comes in handy if you ever fish overcast streams.

I also have a Scott 7 wt, which I have used on the Delaware. I definitely like it, but it depends on how much you're willing to spend. You can get a really good streamer rod for $200.

I agree with gfen on the sex dungeon, deadly fly, but when someone asks me what fly I'm using, it will be awkward responding with "oh, you know, the ol' sex dungeon."

jayL wrote:
I have tooled around with the bank robber and like it, but honestly, I don't think there are enough opportunities for 'bank robbing' in PA streams. The MT rivers are a different animal, so I am skeptical that any rods designed for them are best for PA, where there seems to be lots more casting and swinging to go with the bank pounding.

This is especially true for streams that aren't floatable.

After reading your post, I have come to the same conclusion.
Thanks JayL for saving me a few hundred bucks. :pint:

Back