favorite stream

Pine Creek, deep in the canyon, away from the flatlanders, the show offs, the BSers, the liars, and the clowns.

Attachments

• caddis1.jpg
    caddis1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DCP_4901.JPG
    DCP_4901.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 5
  • Img_0943a.jpg
    Img_0943a.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 5
  • brown1b.jpg
    brown1b.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
Festus:

Pine creek in the canyon is certainly a very beautiful area. However the canoe and raft traffic in the spring time - especially on the weekends - gets very heavy, no?

Pine creek in the canyon is certainly a very beautiful area. However the canoe and raft traffic in the spring time - especially on the weekends - gets very heavy, no?

Gets pretty busy on the weekends if there is water. But it doesn't bother the fish at all. I work most weekends and my time off is during the week, and it works perfectly.

Rule of thumb for me is when the water is flowing low enough to make water passage difficult, the water is perfect for fishing. Sure hope that's the case this summer because last weekend Pine was moving along at a pretty good clip.

PS....seen my very first kayak on Kettle on Saturday. I was shocked!

Hard to name just one. The two I fish the most are The little J and Spring, due to proximity, but.... I sure do love both BFC and Penns too.

Hemlock Creek, though I havent been there in 3 yrs. Gotta fix that. For a local stream, I like the White Clay Creek.

the next creek

rr one I'm fishing. Today it will be the chonicogue and maybe Marsh creek. Tomorrow it may be the Yellow Breeches or Codorus. Next month I hope it is fishing creek or pine creek or some other creek in Clinton, Center, or Potter county

Don

7 Mountains boy scout camp pond.

You just like the boyscout camp.

Come for the stumble-in easy access, stay for the flesh eating bacteria.

SBecker wrote:
You just like the boyscout camp.

I realized that I was setting myself up for this immediately after posting. Well played Shane...well played.

I like the vastness of the Delaware near Lumberville for smalls and the small brookie streams that are across the Poconoes will always send you your head spinning with their seclusion and beauty.

don't forget stripers, tigers and walleye in Lumberville. One of the best spots on the lower river.

Penns. Almost always fishes good for me and I can always seem to find a spot to be all by myself!

Back