favorite stream

muncy creek may not be high up on most people's list, its where I learned to flyfish and I where i spent summers exploring as a kid

Oil Creek

Penns is my 2nd, once I learn more about it I could see it easily becoming my favorite.

McMichaels creek(upper stretch), lower brodhead creek, for smallies and some very nice wild fish, and Martins Creek.

1) Little J
2) Spring Crk
3) Yellow Breeches (outside of the reg areas)

don't really have one...next stream I will try.

Well - my top 3 favorites are the delaware river, spring creek, and the little j. I love them all.
However, if pressed to pick one, I'd go with the little j. That stream has given me many, many, pleasurable days in my 30+ years of fly fishing

My favorite is a mid-summer brookie outing. Hard to pick, and wouldn't name them anyway. But requirements are to be in a woodsy environment and the fishing to be pretty good with dry flies.

If only talking bigger water which I'm willing to name, I'd have to go with Penns. Between Swift Run and Cherry Run, it gives me that same deep woodsy feeling that many brookie streams do. Unusual on big water, and unusual on limestoners too, as they are usually valley streams with a more pastoral feel than a wilderness feel. But Penns has it all. Including the drive into Poe Paddy, miles of dirt roads through forest. Sets the right mood.

Add big picky fish, lots of bugs, and make it moody enough to be difficult, yet good enough to make success seem achievable. Hence hitting it right is the key, but not easy. For me, that's what makes a technical stream haunt my thoughts. The thought that success is achievable if I can just figure it out, but knowing that you haven't figured it out. It quite often surprises me, for better or worse.

Spring is great and all but too consistent. When I go there I know what I'm gonna get into, and I'm nearly always right.

the wissahickon creek because its my local stream where i have learned everything, and have so many memories. It will always be my favorite.

I'd have to say the Breeches, since I know it best & it's only 10 minutes from the house.
That said, I grew up fishing the Loyalhanna and a tiny brookie stream in that area that I'd love to get back & fish sometime.

ffavorite for big browns and rainbows would have to be elk creek, hands down more lbs and inches per landing period.

Big Spring

Hooked on Penns.....

If I had to pick one stream to fish, it would Mc michaels,near stroudsburg

lycoflyfisher wrote:
muncy creek may not be high up on most people's list, its where I learned to flyfish and I where i spent summers exploring as a kid

I live by Muncy. It is a nice creek with a few stockies that make it through the spring. I plan on teaching my son how to fly fish on Muncy this spring. As soon as baseball practice is over, we will hit the stream.

But if I had a choice, I would hit Penns.

A small trickle that is within 30 miles of where Clearfield Cameron centre and elk counties all come together That narrows it down

But like pcray the technical side has me tieing many more flies and many more thoughts than a brookie stream which would leave penns as that choice

I will vote for the same "secret spring creek" that flyfish1998 will not name…No we wouldn't tell anybody! So There…:•{

redrockgrizzly wrote:
lycoflyfisher wrote:

I live by Muncy. It is a nice creek with a few stockies that make it through the spring. I plan on teaching my son how to fly fish on Muncy this spring. As soon as baseball practice is over, we will hit the stream.

As recently as two years ago I have caught stockies and the occasional wild trout well into the summer (july) these spots are all a mile or more away from the nearest stocking location.
Personally i have had a lot of great fishing experiences on little pine creek.

Back