Favorite Pictures

Maurice and I were on Muddy Creek about eight years ago one June afternoon dodging thunderstorms. Not a lot of trout, but some great images for me that afternoon.

Good stuff Dave!!!!

Nice pics guys. GG

ALlby and CSoult with our Bighorn Guide
y3mbw79b60rjhfATmaPZyG2SfXJHokfO6p312qzS_mND89ZOFQXkkD6-u-9hh9HdPWE9e5sVahVwBatrp90JOZulwJwPrLLDd3uBt78RTod-okGrM3fq-eKNCg8KQZXnYbukYzCo21Gswbl9UA9bVSK9YZTNYFSF2Bxv_sTbAsDFbI

One with Alby and no CSoult
y3mpq-9RYomnqwgb4UaF54bGjsFX90NDcBpWrLzisubN8fzOCCJJonu4tkhTtNKNsKSnCg4iPOhAqyPkNYtv2Ifc8u5PzCeLBp9VbfQpa5fflG047689YdC-pWwlHTPWydkbiWDziWsR47oR1BAOdRAZGyM3BwJAd30DbpNHohO2yY

y3mTht_7K7i_d1tVdDIe6omXyxx9KppubFbILZM0UBFA8hpqF2M-mbZwhugaywK6iOg3nlk2JMug0e4fZqJn0arfeCf2yPtCyPuDPHMGBxlrH_1A7JeLeSLGp5dE1mhDOaqs3Qt2FLV5MbTt_HR3Qd_x3_lAJb8ZAHC5Zobi2jeT6o

y3mXp3bLE35-b4dbcocrmkztcewzJ4JsPYVqwt2j8OrfPB8nE6W7b5xz_t0TueG-kxqLUVWSYlL97z_94xV6e3AQsSbVs02xxASe5JxsR3NP9Y6fmrzZ1cFXQNGCvI58VENK52x05bBz8erw0jBYVSt2sBkVQk3DoYUxpnZF7Xwk0g

dkile wrote:
Maurice and I were on Muddy Creek about eight years ago one June afternoon dodging thunderstorms. Not a lot of trout, but some great images for me that afternoon.

^The Mo in the mist series of photos are one of my favorite all-time images ever put up on here.

Have any of you photographers figured out how to predict the weather conditions when "shafts of light" are likely to occur?

That sure can lead to good photo ops.

I've run into that condition a few times. It seems like it happened when there was a storm coming through, but then breaking up, as it starts to clear as the storm clouds are moving on.

And maybe around 4 in the afternoon or so?

The TOD for that pic was around 5:20 based on my time stamps from the camera. It was in June 2009. It had poured for 45 minutes and we departed the car and hiked over a mile downstream under the threat of storms. I don't recall ever getting wet but the air was filled with dampness from the recent storm. Here is one of my shots of DKile, I think as it went, I noticed it, took some shots and went and told him about it and we reversed positions and he shot me with the better light box.

Here is some play I did with the shot in Photoshop to sharpen, crop and convert to greyscale to emphasize the composition and eliminate the hazyness.

Even still Dkiles is better.

Attachments

• angelic light.jpg
    angelic light.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 2
  • angelic light BW.jpg
    angelic light BW.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1
  • angelic light crop.jpg
    angelic light crop.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 3
  • angelic light crop BW.jpg
    angelic light crop BW.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1
I have quite a few "shafts of light" shots from hot, humid summer mornings, around 8-9 a.m. Need some light fog in the ravines, and a dense tree canopy that only allows a few beams of light through the leaves.

Great pics by everyone ! Here's a few of mine.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    FullSizeRender-9.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
A few from over the years...

Black Bear Crossing Below
DSCN0628_zps214626e5.jpg

Shook the wrong branch while on the side of a stream, chased and stung by a few hornets. One got me in the kisser.

stung.jpg

Watch your step.

P7071161.jpg

A Friend Upstream

P7071158.jpg

Rainbow on Rainbow Violence (Probably a 21-22 inch bow)

P7231163.jpg

Penns' Stone

780B07D3-DDE9-415E-B5CF-5AD6B4C4C205_zpspyxeusos.jpg

That is one freaking awesome stonefly nymph!!!!!

Not the best, but a few iphone pictures I took that I kinda like. Wish I had a real camera for the deer crossing one.

Juniata_Doe.jpg
[/url]
image uploader
[/img]

453.jpg
[/url]
image uploader
[/img]

Hard to narrow it down, here's a few that stir special memories...

Passersby on the Snake River, GTNP. Right place, right time as they floated by this lowly bank fisherman.
DSC_8730-X2.jpg

Snake River fine spot.
DSC_8719-XL.jpg

Tuscarora SF native.
2013TuscaroraStateForest1-L.jpg

Big Spring 'bow.
2013BigSpringBow2-L.jpg

Self portrait, Michaux SF
DSC_6817a-L.jpg

Another selfie, Great Smoky NP.
DSC_0420-X2.jpg

I sometimes wonder why I see wayyyy more Rattlesnakes than Copperheads...Part of that is the areas I tend to fish do have more Rattlers than CH's I think, but part of it too is that even if the CH's are there, I'm probably NOT seeing them. :-o

Saw this last Friday! What a difference a week makes!
MueoiAg.jpg

A rarity on the way up to God's Country.

Attachments

• IMG_2553 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2553 (Custom).JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 3
you win in my eyes Tomi--the last to pics are very special..

Happiness....... catching a brook trout on a small stream in Yellowstone.

nancy-XL.jpg

Back