Favorite PA FFing YouTube Channels

George Daniels puts out some fantastic content, but he is also an industry icon. Most if not all the names mentioned prior have been channels put together by fellow ff enthusiasts who have not made their career in the industry.

That said I really enjoyed the instructional videos George put out for instructing the Penn St class during the start of the covid shutdown.

I checked some of them out that were suggested on here. It used to be enough to just fish. Now it seems there's all these people walking around with gopros strapped on their heads yakking away to themselves. They all say how they want to"share" but looks for the most part like a big ego fest to me. You got to wonder.

If you haven’t watched Huge Fly Fisherman yet then you’re missing out. Great content with a nice bit of humor mixed in. Good stuff

Hardman Fishing Adventures out of WV is good

Also Trout Hunting NZ for slob New Zealand trout all the time.

CatchMagazine only puts out a few a year but they’re all phenomenal

WildFlyProductions with their mini bus videos lately are great.

So many more too.

Huge fly fisherman is great

Drew lookin fishy is a good one i found too

Can't believe Jim Misura hasn't been mentioned. Mostly fly tying but alot of fishing too. His videos are not motion picture Hollywood quality like so many strive for, but he is the real deal. Poconos area.
Jim Misura

Another is Shorty on the Fly. Again its flytying but great videos and he is another real deal angler. Pocono guy as well.

Shorty on the Fly

Wooly Bugged and PA Woods n Water are good ones. Jim Misiura is the real deal. I was fortunate enough to fish with Jim for a week. Jim is a gold mine of fly fishing knowledge for anybody that wants to learn.

Wanted to bring this thread back from the cellar with an update.
Drew LooknFishy has added an awesome nine week long, multi-state, truck bed camping/fishing road trip series of videos. It's mostly cutthroat fishing, but it's in some of the most beautiful, scenic areas in the country. He fishes crystal clear streams that see very little pressure, that hold some surprisingly big trout. It's really worth watching some these YT videos.

Wanted to bring this thread back from the cellar with an update.
Drew LooknFishy has added an awesome nine week long, multi-state, truck bed camping/fishing road trip series of videos. It's mostly cutthroat fishing, but it's in some of the most beautiful, scenic areas in the country. He fishes crystal clear streams that see very little pressure, that hold some surprisingly big trout. It's really worth watching some these YT videos.

Yeah, I’ve been watching these. I really like him. The fishing scenes get a little repetitive, a lot of the same stuff. He’s a pretty dedicated hopper/dropper or some similar variant type of guy, which makes sense where/what he’s fishing for.

I really like the camping scenes and breakdowns of his truck set up.

Anything with Dave Rothrock in it.... He's a wealth of knowledge.
I do prefer the videos of someone filming someone else.....the go pro POV stuff gets old after a while.
I like to actually see someone fishing and more of the surroundings vs that bobbly tunnel view down the rod tip the whole time.

Major pet peeve and maybe it's just me:
Any of you younger guys filming content.....)and it seems to be the 30 and under crowd)
STOP WITH THE "LET'S GO!!" every single time you hook a fish, fight a fish, land a fish, get excited. LOL. It's like some weird "Let's go" generation.
It's not just the fly fishing videos, it's hunting stuff too. It's a non stop barrage of "Let's go!!" Everytime something good happens.
Stop. Please..... That is all. LOL.
As soon as it starts I'm out, and if any of you haven't run across one of these videos yet, remember I said it. Once you start hearing it.....you can't stop noticing it.
It's worse than "Dude" every sentence 😂

I do prefer the videos of someone filming someone else.....the go pro POV stuff gets old after a while.
I like to actually see someone fishing and more of the surroundings vs that bobbly tunnel view down the rod tip the whole time.

Any of you younger guys filming content.....)and it seems to be the 30 and under crowd)
STOP WITH THE "LET'S GO!!" every single time you hook a fish, fight a fish, land a fish, get excited. LOL. It's like some weird "Let's go" generation.
It's not just the fly fishing videos, it's hunting stuff too. It's a non stop barrage of "Let's go!!" Everytime something good happens.
As soon as it starts I'm out, and if any of you haven't run across one of these videos yet, remember I said it. Once you start hearing it.....you can't stop noticing it.
I watch a lot of YT videos, and I haven't noticed that to be an issue. At least not to the point of ranting about it. ;)

I read recently that Dave Rothrock is going to be putting out more video content, but I am not sure when it will be out. I agree that Dave is a wealth of knowledge.

A few years ago my friend and I made a video of a brookie fishing outing in Shenandoah National Park. It's still up on YouTube somewhere. But we couldn't stop laughing/cringing looking back on the footage because we discovered I said "Nice!" every. single. fish. Mercifully for YouTube viewers everywhere, my GoPro fishing footage phase ended when I broke the camera and never bothered to get a new one.

I’m sorry, but any video that is nymphing or streamer fishing really doesn’t impress me. You don’t see the take, or even the movement of the indicator. Watching someone just reel in a fish that you don’t get to see get hooked doesn’t help me or even entertain me.

I have been watching the Drew looknfishy videos, trying to figure out where some of those streams are to plan a trip for later this summer! He had quite the trip and got to live many of our dreams.

Dead Drift Outdoors for Southern Tier and Central New York, NCPA and NEPA...in addition to all of the ones already mentioned. You will be blown away by John's filmography. Well-worth the price of admission 👍👍

Last edited:
Dead Drift Outdoors for Southern Tier and Central New York, NCPA and NEPA...in addition to all of the ones already mentioned. You will be blown away by John's filmography. Well-worth the price of admission 👍👍
That guy does not know the can of worms he's opened with southern tier spots. There's been 4 or 5 people just on here recently commenting about how much they want to fish that area. If you found a creek with no apparent fishing pressure and caught your PB wild brook trout there, would you broadcast a video of the stream to 8,600 people (current view count on that video)? I get wanting to share, but YouTube has a really wide reach, and it's easy to geolocate videos, especially paired with the statements he made that it is NY state-run public fishing access. All those spots are mapped on NYDEC website. A certain percentage of those 8,600 people are going to figure it out. Even if it is 0.5% that is still 43 new anglers on previously unpressured water.

That guy does not know the can of worms he's opened with southern tier spots. There's been 4 or 5 people just on here recently commenting about how much they want to fish that area. If you found a creek with no apparent fishing pressure and caught your PB wild brook trout there, would you broadcast a video of the stream to 8,600 people (current view count on that video)? I get wanting to share, but YouTube has a really wide reach, and it's easy to geolocate videos, especially paired with the statements he made that it is NY state-run public fishing access. All those spots are mapped on NYDEC website. A certain percentage of those 8,600 people are going to figure it out. Even if it is 0.5% that is still 43 new anglers on previously unpressured water.
I don't disagree with your take. I refrain from shooting videos let alone taking pics these days. With the latter, I rarely share anymore. Putting our concerns aside, his filming quality is excellent and I primarily find watching his videos very therapeutic and informative regarding technique when I can't go out myself.

I don't disagree with your take. I refrain from shooting videos let alone taking pics these days. With the latter, I rarely share anymore. Putting our concerns aside, his filming quality is excellent and I primarily find watching his videos very therapeutic and informative regarding technique when I can't go out myself.
Yeah, I agree too - the videos themselves are great!

I'm bitter about a snakehead angling YouTuber posting ONE trout fishing video to his 40k followers that burned a criminally underrated wild brown trout stream on state park land in Baltimore County (not the Gunpowder which everyone knows and fishes) mere months after I'd just discovered it for myself. He didn't mention the name in his video, but he posted one of his catches from that day to Fishbrain, with the location pin turned on. Not hard to figure out.

My first visit there resulted in 10 wild browns from 10-16.5". Since the video, I have seen footprints every time, worm containers, etc and it's about a 50% chance of taking a skunk...keep going back though because it's produced a pair of 18 inchers so it's obviously not completely ruined.

I used to post some videos to YouTube myself, and probably still would, if I could find a way to film them such that all identifying road or natural features are removed. Which is really hard to do and would mean not showing the natural surroundings that draw me to those streams in the first place. It takes too much time to edit even without worrying about blowing up my own secret streams.

Back