Fall Run 2023

Put the smack down on some schoolies last night in the back bay from the yak and wading the flats. 84 fat healthy fish, only a few rats with most fish between 20 and 24 inches. All on clousers and fast sinking from yak and floating line on flats. Fished slack high to slack low. No sign of bait all night. I think they are gorging on sand fleas cause they were shaped like footballs. Left totally exhausted but after about 15 minutes into the drive home I wanted to turn around and fish some more. I think I have a striper addiction! Haha! I am really enjoying using fiberglass rods for the salt this season!

Put the smack down on some schoolies last night in the back bay from the yak and wading the flats. 84 fat healthy fish, only a few rats with most fish between 20 and 24 inches. All on clousers and fast sinking from yak and floating line on flats. Fished slack high to slack low. No sign of bait all night. I think they are gorging on sand fleas cause they were shaped like footballs. Left totally exhausted but after about 15 minutes into the drive home I wanted to turn around and fish some more. I think I have a striper addiction! Haha! I am really enjoying using fiberglass rods for the salt this season!
Wow - great to hear.

Striper fishing was even better this past Friday night on the flats and in the yak. Almost doubled our numbers from last week. They have to be on sand fleas cause we didn’t see any bait the whole night and the fish were popping on something and they were fat. The usual chartreuse and white clousers worked all night. I might start tying them with 4 strands of bucktail and two strands of crystal flash because the more they destroyed our flies they more we caught. Lots of fun except for numb fingers and toes! Should continue until the water temp drops to 43 degrees.

What I assume will be my last chance was a trip aimed at Sun - Tues of last week. Glad I never booked that Airbnb. Not much of a surfer.

I've got a handful of fishing days coming up between the holidays, but, for better or worse, I think some friends and beverages are luring me to the Catskills instead. Never even made it to the shore this year.

Back bay striper bite in oc md is still hot! Water temps getting close to shut down time in about a week or two.

Back