Erie Tribs

Didn't fish but looked on the west side. High and stained but not raging, and they drop and clear fast. For Walnut later today or tomorrow, for Elk tomorrow or Wednesday. Bring your angler (and Yinzer) repellant. After that it will be tougher.

Took a second look at Walnut mid afternoon today. Water still high and nasty at the access area and not very many fishermen. But 6 miles upstream water level was not too bad, tho still pretty stained. Probably will be perfect tomorrow. Couldn't see into the water there, but at Trout Run nursery area (also very muddy) there were a ton of fish blasting out of the lake up to the dam/trap. Size of fish seemed pretty average (which is great) but did see a few 27-28" or so. Elk might be pretty decent for a couple more days but I didn't look at it. Maybe will check tomorrow.

i’ll be up friday.. my opinion is fridays are the new saturdays but in all honestly, i’ve never had a problem with finding water to fish.. I hate saying it cause it’s always the answer but if you just walk a little from the parking lots you’ll find some peace and hopefully fish too with the rain

Back