Erie Steelhead JAM October 30th to November 1st!!

Good luck David. Just think, in a couple on months your shoulder will be strong enough to cast an entire 10wt line and 50 feet on backing!

Hope you get some fishing in. Good luck.

ryguyfi,
we were already planing on coming up for steelhead fishin, already had reservations at folys camp ground..would be interested in attending the steelhead jam...we will be pulling in on friday. lookin forward to meeting you all... thanks TIG.

1 week left to go!

Anyone else plan on coming?

Hope this rain helps the streams out.

I will be there on Sunday. I know that I do not know any of the people that will be there, but I will see if I can find some of you. I have to travel out there for work on Monday through Wednesday so I was thinking of leaving a day early and fish all day Sunday as well as the early part of the week in the morning and evenings.

I have never been to Erie for steelhead, but I have been to NY many times. If anyone is around the 2nd - 4th and wants to show me around a bit I would be grateful.

Rob

It's going to be a great weekend!!!

Looks like a decent storm on Wed, and a sprinkle here and there all weekend. Highs in the mid 50's lows in the mid 40's. Bring your raincoats and lets go catch some steel!!!

Attention all campers!

Just make sure you let the gentleman (Jim) at the campground know you're in the Paflyfish group so he can hopefully put us all in the same area.

We have the pavillion for the weekend and also the enclosed room that is attached to it for all who come.

My work plans just changed for the week. I have to travel to Canada for a couple of days. The bright side of the trip is that I will be traveling through Erie. I am taking this time to do some fishing. I plan to fish the miles tomorrow and then meet up with everyone either on Friday or Sat on my return trip home. Hope to see everyone.

Steve McKnight.

I am really tightening up my plans. I'd like to spend some time with the attendees and also enjoy some fishing. What is reasonable to expect from others:

If it meets your plans, gather:

Friday Evening:
Avonia Tavern after dark?

Saturday Morning:
Pavilllion from 6:45 AM until the last person leaves to go fishing?

Saturday Evening:
At the pavillion after dark with a campfire until the last fool leaves for bed?

Sunday Morning:
Pavilllion from 6:45 AM until the last person leaves to go fishing or return home?

Jack - That's pretty much it. I set the gathering @ Avonia Tavern for 8PM, and was planning on swinging by Folly's pavillion around 7PM to see if anyone wanted to head over to the tavern. If you get there before 8PM, just get a big table and let the waitress know it's the PAFF group table.

Don't forget about breakfast at the Girard Diner Saturday at 6AM - all are welcome to join us, and that leaves Ryan more donuts for his breakfast. ;-)

Fished mid-Elk yesterday from 11am or so till 6pm.

Water was on the low side and slightly stained.

Not many guys out yesterday (yea-who).

There were at least some fish in all the bigger holds.

Leaves were many- but the leaves were mainly just a nusiance to the drift then actually becoming hooked- thankfully.

Pray for rain.

Attachments

• leavey.jpg
    leavey.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 4
  • maleeggeater.jpg
    maleeggeater.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 6
  • nogoodsun.jpg
    nogoodsun.jpg
    823.3 KB · Views: 4
  • sunvoid.jpg
    sunvoid.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 5
Jack,

Those plans look good to me. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to meet and fish with the people from this site. See you guys friday night at the tavern.

By the way, I'm staying at the Quality Inn, is anyone else booked there?

Jason

i have to work that weekend bummer!!! if anyone wants to meet up there mid week instead let me know...

Elijah or Evan ?????????

Ezra. Ezra Brooks.

Knob or Bankers?

You know what my wife helped me realize yesterday as we were driving in the car???

This weekend is daylight savings, which usually means "an extra hour of sleep". In which I said... "NO, that means an extra hour of fishing!!!"

only a few more days!

Was suppose to meet 2 buds in Erie today.

They are there now- Elk is blown out.

While today is problematic fishing- hopefully this rain blows out some of the leaves and adds to flows for the next few days.

WOW, it is blown out!!!!

http://www.unclejohnselkcreekcamp.com/Web%20Cam.htm

(not a fisherman in sight)

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?04213152

I checked the stream flow first thing this morning and Walnut was at 100 cfs... it is now 900cfs!!

It also seems the rain amounts for this weekend are increasing on the weather websites.
Its getting interesting as a part of my body starts to clench. :)

Back